Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slinky2084 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 10:16 AM
    Can I lock a first aid kit in a warehouse ( California)
    I have a First Aid kit out on my warehouse, problem is employees are taking all the supplys. I need to find out if I can lock the first aid kits and give a key to all my supervisors. I want to make sure I stay compliant with OSHA regulations.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 12:24 PM

Um, isn't the point of a first aid kit exactly that? So the employee's can use the supplies? That's what it's always been anywhere I worked in California...

http://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3317first-aid.pdf

According to these guidelines the first aid kits are required to be readily available. How readily available will a locked away first aid kit be? I would think that would make it not readily available at all. But I suppose you might be able to make an argument that it is if you can make sure that there will always be a supervisor right there to immediately unlock it in the event someone needs something from it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need visual aid ideas for speech [ 2 Answers ]

I decided to do my persuasive speech on how luck is not about chance. However. I need to have a visual aid,any ideas?

Wiring Hunter fan with light kit [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hunter fan with light kit. There was previously a fan in the location, but I failed to make notes of the wiring. The fan has 4 wires: white, black, white with black stripe, and a ground wire. The ceiling has 4 wires: green, black, white and red. Please advise as to which...

Diesel starting aid? [ 8 Answers ]

I know that it is a good idea to use carb cleaner instead of starting fluid on gas engines. My question is does it work on diesel engines too? Or is starting fluid necessary for diesel engines?

Harbor Breeze Light Kit Issue [ 2 Answers ]

We are renting a condo with an outdoor ceiling fan in an enclosed/covered deck. We decided to add a light kit to the ceiling fan and purchased an oval schoolhouse model, item number 885. We purchased an A15 candelabra bulb. I hooked the blue and black wire together and the white and white. The...

Water heater installation kit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing a water heater only I had someone else take it out. I was looking at this kit that has two flexible metal tubing, two 4" compression (?) metal tubes and teflon tape. Should I buy the kit or can I just use cpvc for the cold water intake and metal tubing for the hot water...

View more questions Search