Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meagan91 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Nov 30, 2009, 10:02 AM
    Steroids and absorption into the bloodstream
    Ever since I used Bio Claire Im kind of paranoid about harmful substances and just couldn't get over the fact what I have exposed myself too. As for my skin, it didn't carry away any damages, neither instant nor permanent ones. However Ive been concerned about the internal effects it could possibly have. While researching about steroids, I stumbled upon this site: Steroid cream

It's a steroid cream for top athletes and what makes it so special is that it can't be detected in a blood test due too poor absorption.
    So do you think I can draw the conclusion, that Bio Claire didn't absorb into my bloodstream?
    I know I can't change my mistake. But the certitude that it didn't harm me internally would help me to get over it.
    sweetcaroline Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Nov 30, 2009, 01:50 PM

The body naturally produces those steroids like testosterone compounds that those athletes use.
    The body does not naturally produce corticosteriods! As little as 2 mg of steroids in a pea-sized amount of steroid-containing cream can cause adrenal crisis if used of a few weeks, months, or years. And it can take a year or more for the corticosteroids to get out of your system. Some people's adrenal glands or kidneys shut down permanently in response to applying bleaching creams mostly from africa that contain corticosteroids including dermovate, top gel, or movate, the most potent of corticosteroids in the world.

i am very suspicious of any products that are in "gel" form since top gel or hot movate may have been slipped in there, and the product tinted peach or pink to avoid the association with the usual clear steroid gels found in most beauty supply stores for cheap.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 06:54 PM

Meagan I have you to thank for exposing me to the risks and dangers of bio claire as well as sparking my interest in studying more in-depth which products contains dangerous steroids and mercury.

My suggestion is that you can schedule an appointment with your doctor to run thorough tests in search for steroid-contamination in your blood stream. Also, let them know why you want this done due to the previous use of a steroid-based skin lightener called Bio Claire which discreetly adulterates their own products.

You can also consider effectively detoxifying your body in order to remove any possible toxins from the body, as well as drinking several cups of water with lemon or lime juice to purify the body, and add as much fiber to your diet. Off and on I have been mixing Benefiber to my water and juice since it mixes clear and is tasteless.
    Meagan91 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Dec 1, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Well I used Bio Claire in August 2008 and it was only this summer that I found out it contains steroids.
    However, since feb 09 I have been detoxifying with Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vit C and NAC to lighten my skin.
    So it might have also done a good job in reversing the effects of clobetasol.

As for the appointment with my doctor, I really consider that. However I don't want to have to explain why I used the cream and what's it for. My whole family goes to this doctor and kind of feel ashamed to let them know.

Im not a great fan of supplementary powders. But I mix oatmeal with water.
    I appreciate your advice very much, Golden Girl.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 05:56 PM

Well, to me your on the right track. I was even thinking of what you have mentioned to make sure I remove any traces of steroids from the use of bio claire. You can always write to some of the popular medical sites and they should be able to give you more info:

http://www.webmd.com/
    http://www.webmed.com/
    http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/
    http://www.healthcentral.com/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Coke in your bloodstream [ 2 Answers ]

How long dose coke stay in your bloodstream

View more questions Search