Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spranza Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2009, 04:46 AM
    Burn AVI to DVD Playable on Home Theater System
    Hello every one :)

I guess the title says it all. I want to burn a movie with its SUBTITLE into a DVD so I can play it on my home theater system. I fail adding the subtitle and making the sounds surrounded :( . The sound only comes out of the two (left and right) front speakers, the other 3 speakers and the SUB are completely dead!

Please if there is any one who can tell me how to do it, and what softwares I need to downlaod, I will so much appreciate it.

Thank you.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2009, 05:43 AM
    This is what I use. It does subtitles nicely but I've never tried it with 5.1 audio since I don't have it.

AVI to DVD Video Converter Software VSO ConvertXtoDVD Download now

The manual is available on the site and does say that it supports 5.1.

Nov 30, 2009, 10:01 AM
    Thank you :) I will try this tonight...

Nov 30, 2009, 04:56 PM
    THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH :D:D:D It Worked like a charm !
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2009, 05:10 PM
    That's why I use it! :)

Cheers.

Dec 1, 2009, 07:16 AM
    Hello again :(

I faced another problem here! You see, I burned a B-Ray movie and it worked but when I tried another movie, DVDrip one, and I did the same process as the previous one, I got the sound only in 2 channels. When I put the two movies together in ConvertXtoDVD I expanded the audio option to see its components and found out that the B-Ray movie's audio has 6 channels while the other has 2 ch. Only. :S

Is there any way to make AC3 2 ch. Audio to 6 ch.? Thanks in advance
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2009, 07:37 AM
    I don't think you can force a two channel audio movie file to make the sound appear on additional channels. You are constrained by the options selected by the person who ripped it .

Dec 1, 2009, 09:09 AM
    I found an audio option in ConvertXtoDVD that can convert to 6 ch.

I am converting it now... it's taking like 2 houres, I'll let you know as soon as I finish this. Hope it works..

Dec 1, 2009, 11:25 AM
    It didn't work :( it worked only on the SUB, the two fronts and the center speakers but not the back ones...

There must be a way.. :| I'll keep trying

Thank you any way :) you are such a great help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I set up my Samsung home theater system? [ 5 Answers ]

I have the following equipment but I am not sure of the optimal connections in setting up the system. Samsung LN-S4092D LCD HDTV Samsung HD-DVD Home Theater System HT-TQ72 Explorer 8300 HD PVR Vidéotron Illico Receiver 2 HDMI cables 1 regular audio cable (white and red) The LCD TV has 2...

Bose Home theater System [ 7 Answers ]

Okay I have always loved Bose Jewel Speakers and I want to use Yamaha RX-Z7 Receiver with this system. I can live with only Bose Jewel Speakers but they don't come like that. I have two choices either buy Lifestyle V30 or Lifestyle V35 the only difference I know is V35 comes with a Dvd player. Its...

Pioneer VSX -305 Home Theater System [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on my surround system it works correctly for about 5-10 min then it will make a loud buzzing sound from all the speakers, I have to turn the system off to get it to stop buzzing... any suggestion ?

Cd burner won't burn playable discs [ 3 Answers ]

My dvd/cd burner burns dvds but when I burn a cd it will not play in anything I put it in

Hooking up a panasonic home theater system [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a panasonic home theater system and I'm needing someone to help me hook it up, I have a direct TV system and a JVC big screen TV,:eek:

View more questions Search