Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thomasnodoubt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 03:36 PM
    What size conductor do I need with a 3 phase 600 amp service
    I want to hook up a transfer switch via generator at my shop for when the power go's out what size conductor do I need from the switch back to the load center?
    thomasnodoubt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 03:40 PM

I have a 600 amp service at my shop. I want to hook up a transfer switch (via generator) for when the power gos out. QWhat size conductor do I need from the transfer switch to the service. I am using around 480 amps max I don't want to oversize with the price of materials these days

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cable size for 200 amp/600 foot run [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is building two small homes on a hill 600' away from his inlaws orchard that has a 400 service panel for the pumps. He wants 200a underground the 600' then split to two 100a services for each home. Someone came out and ran 1awg in a two inch conduit. Nit that I'm a electrician or anything...

Aluminum conductor size for service. [ 10 Answers ]

I am installing a new service on my residence and I am installing a pole mount meter equipment box with CT metering equipment. It will have an ampacity of 400 amps and will feed both my home and garage. The service at the house is 120/240 volts and is a 200 amp panel. The run in question is 200...

Service Entrance Conductor Size / Multiple Bonding [ 1 Answers ]

I am running service to a small, 1 room office, at a barn in the country. The electric utility pole has a transformer (230 V, 1 phase) and 200 amp meter. On the pole I have a 200 amp circuit breaker. From the circuit breaker on the meter pole, I have 4/0 4/0 2/0 AL cable in 2" PVC conduit...

Cable size for 320 amp service , single phase [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a 320 amp single phase service. What size cable do I need to use? I'll be using copper. Also what size for 200 amp?

Service conductor wire size [ 1 Answers ]

I am wiring a two-unit apartment that previously had fuse boxes for services. I am installing a two meter box outside to supply separate 200-amp rated main circuit breaker panels, one for each apartment. The calculated load for one apartment is about 102 amps, the other about 132 amps. What minimum...

View more questions Search