Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Nov 29, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Board game for christmas
    I'm looking for an interesting board game for a christmas present that can be played by two or more adults for the family. We like quiz type games where the playing format is reaonably simple but the fun is in thinking of or working out the answers. We already have lots of versions of trivial pursuit, genius, the oxford game, wits end and pass the bomb.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 12:18 PM
    I buy a new game for christmas every year... this year I'm thinking about going back to the old ones...

Cluedo... jenga... buckroo... twister.. scrabble.

Last year I got the 'game of life' but the kids hated it..

Pictionary was great fun, and a flip chart is quite cheap.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2009, 02:18 AM

I like Pictionary as well. And there's another similar game but don't know the name. It's the same type of thing as Pictionary and Charades where you're trying to figure out the word/phrase/movie/whatever, but there's a board involved and I believe there are 3 different ways to give clues and it all depends on the stuff you land on. One is drawing like in Pictionary. OK, it's been a few years.

Does it have to be quiz type things? How are you on timed stuff, cause I love Taboo. (The game they played on Will & Grace all the time with that goofball couple.)
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Dec 2, 2009, 05:20 PM

I think cranium and balderdash are great board games. Cranium isn't a trivia game but it's fun. It has differet categories like guessing songs that other team members hum, spelling words backwards, sculpting objects out of clay for other members to identify, drawing with your eyes closed... etc. balderdash is more like a quiz game. It has cards with odd or funny questions and the correct answer. One person reads the question and the other members write down a made up answer. The person that reads out the question reads out the other members' answers and the correct answer. Than each member has to guess which answer is correct. Members that choose the correct answer get points and if someone chooses your answer you get points. It might sound kind of boring but it's actually really fun and funny.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Dec 4, 2009, 09:41 AM

Thanks for those suggestions people. It's time I got the christmas shopping done soon so I'll keep an eye out for some of those.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Christmas Game from the 80's [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for info about a 1980 board game called The Christmas Game Put out by Holiday.

Christmas Board Game from 1990's [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm desperatly looking for a Christmas Board Game I used to play in the 90's. All I remember about the game is that it gave players Christmas dares to do... Can anyone help me? I'd be very grateful X

Christmas Gift Game ? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the rules for the Christmas gift game where everyone brings a gift and then one person opens one. Then the next opens a gift and can trade with the first and so on - I remember the general idea but haven't done it in awhile - We are doing this Christmas Eve with family and it was my idea...

Board game name [ 1 Answers ]

I would like the name and maker of a board game we bought for our daughter in the mid 1990's. There were four game pieces that were princesses, named Rose, Amber, Skye, and Violet. The game was a castle that set up in the bottom of the game box. It had a magic wand that you would stick in holes on...

View more questions Search