Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smeyer423 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2009, 07:22 AM
    Windows XP system information.
    I was wondering if anyone knows how I might be able to find a folder in Windows that would allow me to find out information about my computer like when it was turned on and off. I used to know how to do this but I have been trying now for over an hour to no avail.

I have a Dell computer with Windows XP. I have tried to go back to system restore, and it seems like it was going to let me view the information, but only if I opted to restore the system, which I would prefer not to do.

Any assistance would be more than appreciated.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2009, 07:37 AM
    Try:
    Right-click on My Computer, select Manage, select Event Viewer
    smeyer423 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2009, 07:43 AM

I followed your advice step by step and got right in. I can't thank you enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

System volume information [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to go into the system volume information directory to clean it and leave only the last 4 or 5 restores, but I get the answer that the system volume information directory is not accessible. How do I change this? Thanks in advance for the help.

What is system volume information. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi My system is always showing virus on system volume information file in C: but I can't find the file.. so when I put virus scan it was detected & deleted.. so what is the way to find up that & how to avoid virus on that particular folder please help me.

View more questions Search