Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondie10989 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 01:05 PM
    Mountain Height Problem
    I just wanted to make sure I'm doing this right, because I'm not positive I am.

Mountain Height Problem: A surveying crew has the job of measuring the height of a mountain. From a point on level ground they measure an angle of elevation of 21.6 degrees to the top of the mountain. They move 507 meters closer and find that the angle of elevation is now 35.8 degrees. How high is the mountain? (you may have to calculate some other information along the way)
    barbe4 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Nov 12, 2006, 07:53 AM
    I'm not a math person but I have a small cad drawing program. I laid out you problem and direct read the following measurements:

Height of mountain= 445.02 meters

Original distance from centerline of mountain = 1124.03 meters

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Height problem [ 13 Answers ]

Hi Please help me out here, I am really tensed, I am 17 girl but everyone says to me that you look about 11-12, my height is exact 5, so please give me tips to grow really really fast and look older than my age, please I really apreiciate that, I have came 2 this web site only for your help... IF...

Mountain chains that border great mid-continental basin [ 1 Answers ]

What are the two major mountain chains that border the great mid-continental basin drained by the Mississippi River system?

Rats, holes and a mountain house [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a house in the local mountains. The house had been vacant and after finding some mouse droppings I placed some poison pellets to get rid of them. After more investigation I found that under the house (in the build out) there was not only mice but rats. Enough of them that I could see them...

Height [ 4 Answers ]

First of all.. I'm 4'11.. I'm short in middle school I'm in 7th grd.. and a lot of people are taller than me I matured in 3rd grd... at the end of third grd I started my period and I had boobs since like 2nd grd summer or third grd I don't remember but it was in between 2nd and 3rd. And I'm...

Height [ 4 Answers ]

At what age does a woman stop growing does anyone know?

View more questions Search