Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jarendar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 12:28 PM
    Dresser drawer keeps opening
    I bought a new dresser that has drawers that are on rails. One of the drawers, when full, will not stay shut. Is there a way to tighten it on the rail?
    ether1227 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2006, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jarendar
    I bought a new dresser that has drawers that are on rails. One of the drawers, when full, will not stay shut. Is there a way to tighten it on the rail?
    There should be screws holding the rails on each side of the dresser. If there are, you can loosen the and slightly raise the angle of each drawer runner, then retighten the screws. You can remove and reinstall the screws into another hole if necessary.

If there are not screws to loosen, then the best and easiest way would be to shim up the front of the dresser slightly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen dresser drawers [ 1 Answers ]

It was very humid this summer and now some of my dresser drawers are swollen and I am unable to open them. What can I do to enable them to be opened again?

Dvd player drawer [ 2 Answers ]

How can I open a drawer of a surround sound player , if its not working

Opening for a refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

How wide should be the niche for a 29.5 inch refrigerator to allow the door to open? I have barely 30 inch wide niche. Is 0.5 inch enough?

Dresser drawers are leaving sawdust [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a wooden dresser, and the drawers slide in and out by themselves - there are no runners and it looks I haven't the room to add any. Because the wood in the drawers is running against the wood of the case, sawdust is created and lands on my clothes inside the drawer. I had heard there...

View more questions Search