Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AutumnP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2006, 12:26 PM
    Converting NaturalGas Dryer to Propane
    I need to know if I need any special connectors or tools etc. to hook up a natural gas dryer to propane?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2006, 01:02 PM
    Your propane dealer should be able to help. I think you need a new orifice in the dryer. The gas line for a dryer uses pipe thread. If you are coming off a large outside tank, I think they use pipe thread too. If not, you will need a propane to pipe adapter. Some of your farm oriented places carry them, Agway, TSC, COOP, or again, the propane dealer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting dryer to natural gas [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a dryer that was converted to propane gas. There were 2 orifices that came with the dryer to convert it back to natural gas. I was wondering which one I need to use to do this. One orifice has a hole coming from top to bottom. The other has a hole coming from the side to the bottom. Maybe...

Furnace converted to propane? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a new Carrier furnace installed. I have propane for gas. I cannot tell if the installer converted the furnace to propane, as I cannot find a sticker saying the unit was converted. What would typical symptoms be if it was not converted (noise, etc.). Thank you.

Installing above ground pool propane heater [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a 24 foot circle above ground pool, but find with the shade surrounding the pool, we would like to raise the water temperature approximately 10 degrees. We believe we would like to install a Hayward propane heater. The Adobe instruction manual is available on line for the...

TW and WC on a propane tank [ 1 Answers ]

What do those stand for? I was looking on some of the common sized ones, and the TW was about 18 - 17.5, 18.9, etc. The WC was closer to 48. Most of the places exchanging tanks here only put in 17-18 pounds which is much less than the tank would hold if the WC is the weight charged, or weight...

View more questions Search