Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anitra_58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 11:10 PM
    How to go one shade lighter on dark brown hair
    My client is 80% grey. She has dyed her hair a level 5 natural brown , but would like to now be a level 6. what is the best way to achieve this without having lighter roots?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 06:31 AM

You will probably have to use color remover. Otherwise, her ends will stay dark. The ends will take color faster than the roots, but the roots will lighten faster than the ends. Therefore, you *probably* should put the new color on both the roots and the ends at the same time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark brown hair a few shades lighter [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I was just wondering whether you could help me... I recentally dyed my hair, I wanted it 2 go light brown however afta I only left the colour on for 5 minutes it was alredy black! I washed it of after 5 minutes and was uterly devistated... it has not faded a bit and is now a very dark brown...

I have dark brown hair, and I want to dye it lighter with colorfix? [ 1 Answers ]

For a long time, i've been wanting to turn my dyed dark brown hair with dark blond highlights to my natural color, which is a light brown to a medium brown. the only problem i have is that, i'm scared that the color is going to turn out to a orange or a really ugly yellow that i don't like. my...

Greeny/dark shade hair to ash brown? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm kat. I was a bit of an idiot a couple of months ago and thought it'd be a fabulous idea to dye my hair green, after about 2 weeks of this I got a bit bored and disided I wanted a normal hair colour again, after bleeching my hair serveral times and then dyeing it various shades of brown my...

Can I re dye my hair from dark brown to a lighter brown or darker blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma, please help!! I wanted to do a hair color change, so I had my hair 2 toned. I told her I wanted to be dark on the bottom and blond on top so she did half the bottom dark brown and mixed sandy blond with another color for the top and it came out very brassy/red did not look...

Changing from dark brown to a shade or 2 lighter [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I need help with this one. I have tried to lighten my hair color. Right now it is dark brown (natural color) and I want to lighten it. I have tried poroxide, it didn't work. I tired to lighten it using some kind of blond mix with the developers. That just broke my hair off really bad....

View more questions Search