Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ajmartin12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Can a bank hold your money even if there are no holds on account?
    I have money in account all got off hold today went in bank to get money out said I couldn't why is that?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 02:13 PM

Without knowing why it was held, who issued the order and why, it is impossible to say.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 02:15 PM

Was this a deposit you made and it was "held" till the check cleared?

If so is there some reason to suspect the checks are fake perhaps.

Tell us more about what is going on
    RaDekk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 09:55 AM

There can be a hold on the account for many reasons. Government requirement to pay, garnishee summons ("lawyer requirement to pay") or if there is reason to suspect the cheque will take longer to clear or is possibly fraudulent.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaDekk View Post
    There can be a hold on the account for many reasons. Government requirement to pay, garnishee summons ("lawyer requirement to pay") or if there is reason to suspect the cheque will take longer to clear or is possibly fraudulent.

The question is why is the money being held AFTER the hold was lifted, not why was the money held in the first place - "I have money in account all got off hold today went in bank to get money out said I couldn't why is that?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Settle my judgement & release hold on my bank account [ 2 Answers ]

Thanks for taking my question, A creditor placed a judgement against me and had my bank account frozen. I called my bank and they said to contact the court, the court told me to contact the creditor. She said that the creditor has the power to release the hold on my account. I don't feel that I...

Hold on funds in bank account [ 3 Answers ]

My account says I have 400 dollars and I have a hold on 500 dollars.. will I still be able to take money out of my bank? What does a hold mean?

Bank Account Hold [ 3 Answers ]

We have just learned that our account has a lien as of tonight we received no information in regards to a lien or have had not documentation from a law firm trying to collect a debt. We have no over draft protection and our account has been overdrawn for over 5,000.00. Is this legal and who would...

Hold on bank account [ 1 Answers ]

What exactly is a "hold" on my checking account? There is an old unpaid Dr. bill (20 yrs.) that has a "Hold" on my acct. I have written checks and they are going to bounce, I was NEVER served properly. Big Surprise! What recourse do I have?

Hold on bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I deposited my federal student loan check in my bank account and a hold was placed on the account by an unknown creditor. I never received notice. Can my federal studen loan monies be held if it is to be used for education?

View more questions Search