Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iloveyou0923 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 01:31 PM
    How much should one miss their significant other?
    Both my girlfriend of two years and I love each other dearly, but there is a difference between us that causes us both grief at times. We are both 20 years old and come from christian families, but there are significan differences between the two. My parents have always been very affectionate towards each other and miss each other whenever they're apart whereas both of here parents have admitted to me that they don't miss each other when they are apart. Seemingly because of this, our opinions on how much two who love should miss each other when they are apart differ.

My opinion: I miss my girlfriend dearly whenever we are apart. I am not so down that I do not eat and do the things that I must, but to some extent it does show that I am missing her, naturally. I believe that I do need her to be happy because I love her. Of course God says to always put him first, which I try my hardest to do. I always consult his word in anything I do. Simply put, I think it is natural and proper to miss the one you love with all of your heart when you are apart and not much else makes me smile until we at least talk again.

Her opinion: It is natural to miss the one you love, but not to the extent that you are down. Life goes on as usual, at least outwardly.

My only gripe about her opinion is, of course, there are things that must be done regardless if your significant other is around or not, but it does hurt me when it seems as if I am not as important to her as she is to me. I do not think it is such a terrible thing to be a little down as long as you can still eat, bathe, and do the things you need to whereas she seems to think that being even a little down is horrible even though it is also natural to get down at times, and long as it isn't at a level where you can't eat. Small difference in opinions causes many disagreements between the two of us. Please help! What do you think?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 01:40 PM
    I think you both have different opinions, and I seriously doubt you change each others minds, so why argue about it?

Can't you accept your differences, and move beyond them? That's what mature loving couples do.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 02:03 PM

There's no standard of how much you can miss another person. You feel what you feel.

The mature approach would be to accept your feelings and accept the other person's feelings as well.

Go forward from there. Enjoy each other's company. You don't have to mope around while she's not there, go do your own thing.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 03:28 PM

I think differing opinions are normal. We are all raised in different environments and have had a variety of experiences that contribute to how we feel about many things.

To be blunt - I think you're making way too much out of this. As long as she's there, treats you well, isn't cheating on you, and loves you -- that should be enough. :)

------------------------------------------------------

If you keep on saying things are going to be bad, you have a good chance of being a prophet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Significant digit [ 12 Answers ]

88.375/1264.7= 234.6+89x6.8= 471-22.85= calculate all questions to the correct significant digit

How did you meet your significant other? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Haven't posted here for a while now (a long while). I don't really know if this question is about relationship. But I was just wondering how you met your significant other? I just want to hear lovey dovey stories. Was there a instant click? When did you know he/she was the one? And...

Significant figures [ 5 Answers ]

In significant figures how is last digit of measiremsnt usually determinde

Share what you like about your significant other [ 10 Answers ]

Recently on the site I've seen threads asking people to share what annoys about their spouse, and I realize it's all in fun, but it got me thinking... what do you like about your spouse? What do you really appreciate about them? My husband is tall (lol I like tall men, even though I'm short),...

View more questions Search