Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 12:16 PM
    What does a 543 code mean on a ford taurus?
    I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. I was having trouble starting my car and got a code from using a ford OBD 1 digital code reader. The code was 543. The 543 fault code definition read: fuel pump secondary circuit fault. What does this mean? Someone told me that my "integrated relay control module" was going bad? Is this correct?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 01:39 PM

. Test all under hood fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. The secondary circuit consists of the fuel pump and the secondary windings of the fuel pump relay (Constant Control Relay Module). Check the CCRM connector and ground. As a last resort, replace the CCRM.

. Check your fuel pressure, to ensure the fuel pump is not going out. Also, change the fuel filter.

. Ensure gas in the tank is fresh--siphon out, if necessary and refill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2006 ford taurus radio unlock code [ 0 Answers ]

My father installed a battery and altenator in my 2006 ford taurus, now my radio won't come on.. my cd player and clock are connected to it also.. my ac is but it works.. can someone please tell me if there is a code or how to get my radio working:(

95 ford taurus [ 1 Answers ]

Lights blink - pinging sound - won't crank

Can"t understand code from my ford taurus! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. I retrieved this code from my car: code 634, manual lever position sensor voltage higher or lower than expected or A/C on. I got the code from a "innova ford OBD 1 digital code reader." What does this code mean?

94 ford taurus [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the speed sensor located ?

91 ford Taurus [ 3 Answers ]

I have No Power going to the Starter Headlights or Brake Lights is there a grounding strap or something that could be the problem PLEASE HELP

View more questions Search