Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninjajr92 Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Nov 27, 2009, 09:53 AM
    What's going on with my relationship?
    We're both 17 years old and I know people say its too young for love, so just bare with me and just help me out please. Not even a month ago she was telling me how she was so excited to be moving in with me when we leave high school to San Diego. She told me she wants to be in my arms every night, cuddle, and to start our own life together. I love this idea but 2 nights ago she comes to my house and we start talking in her car. She told me how it made her upset how I didn't go to lunch with her and her closest friends. I was getting yelled at by my dad saying on how I don't do anything around the house. I told her this and she said are you going to be using that when we live in San Diego? I told her no because my dad wouldn't have much to do with me if I don't live with him. She also told me that what if we get in an argument, that I would leave her for good and she would have to pay the while apartment by herself. So she tells me that we're over for good. I honestly don't want to lose her. I wrote her a letter and gave her flowers the next day. She comes to my house within an hour and gives me a letter with the roses I gave her. It said that she didn't want to be with me and she doesn't want to push aside her goals for me and she still loves me as a friend but not as a girlfriend. She also said in the letter that she cares for me and my family and always will. I'm so heartbroken and I don't know if she'll come back or not. I pray that she will, but will she? I'm trying to not contact her but she IM me on myspace just last night and I made her laugh and showing the me she first started going out with. I need advice and help please, what should I do?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 10:53 AM
    I'm sorry you're hurting.
    It looks like she got cold feet and her feelings changed. And as you said 17 is quite young, to be moving and moving in together.
    Your best strategy for you to get over this is to not have any contact with her. Have you read the stickies at the top of the relationship page? There's lots of good advice there.
    It will get better and you will get over this. One day at the time.
    Take care.

Nov 27, 2009, 10:55 AM

Well she calls me and talks to me as if I were her friend. She doesn't want a relationship right now because she wants to get things straight first. She doesn't know when she'll be ready to date and doesn't know who. So what should I do if she calls me, text me, etc.
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 11:05 AM
    You're not ready to be friends with her so do the NC,and tell her not to contact you.
    That'll end the false hope of a reconcilliation. It'll also help you move forward and find your own thing to do.

Nov 27, 2009, 12:11 PM

But wouldn't it prove her wrong if I was there for her and make her see that she made a mistake?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjajr92 View Post
    But wouldn't it prove her wrong if I was there for her and make her see that she made a mistake?
    No it wouldn't prove anything at all except you are willing to hang around as a friend. She broke up because her feelings changed and she wants to be free to explore her world without the baggage of a boyfriend. That's your cue to leave her alone with her decision, and start doing your thing and being busy and unavailable.

Nothing is more disgusting than dumping a partner and they still hang around hoping you change your mind and take them back.

Welcome to the adult world where high school is over and reality sets in. But you will adjust, we all do, because there are just to many better females out there to stay sad for long. Break ups suck though, and they always will.

Talaniman Rule- When you get dumped for any reason, disappear from their lives and do your own thing, not theirs.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 12:49 PM

Sticking around won't do anything nor will it make her see what she is missing. You are only hurting yourself by sticking around waiting and hoping she will change her mind.

In life things doesn't always go according to plan and your going experience heartache but as long as treated that person right you have no worries. You are going have many relationships and sometimes people change.

It is time for you to let go and accept that the relationship is over. The sooner you do this the sooner you will be able to move on and start your healing.

Nov 27, 2009, 01:25 PM

Okay.. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but ill try.
    If I do the NC rule, and she comes back to me saying she made a mistake, then what do I do?
    Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 01:36 PM

You talk, that's what you do, and not small talk, you have to make sure she has changed her mind, and think about whether you believe her or not, but chances are she will be trying to keep contact going, and keep you in the friend zone as a back up, to her boredom. You want no part of that whatsoever.

I wouldn't hold out hope for getting back together, nor her being sincere about it. People change guy.

Nov 27, 2009, 01:43 PM

Do I give her everything like notes and pictures and dance tickets back?
    Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 01:45 PM

Are they hers, or yours? Do nothing for now, just put her stuff in a box, and file them in a closet, or under your bed.

Nov 27, 2009, 01:48 PM

Im in so much pain dude... I've never felt like this before. I feel helpless.
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 01:48 PM

Put them in a box and store them away for now.
    Stay strong and look after yourself.

Nov 27, 2009, 01:50 PM

I want her back so bad though... I need an alternative guys.. Please
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 01:54 PM

There is no alternative.

Nov 27, 2009, 01:56 PM

Idc if it hurts me later.. If I can get her back then I can change so she won't leave me ever again.
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 01:58 PM
    We've all been there ninja and it gets better. Breakups hurt but there is no magic wand that'll change what happened. Time will change how you feel about this,try to have people around you-can you talk to your parents and get emotional support?

Nov 27, 2009, 01:59 PM

Yes but my mom says that if me and her don't do anything now then the breakup will be permanent and that's exactly what I don't want.
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 02:05 PM

You can't get someone back who doesn't want to be won back. The break up is already permanent.

Nov 27, 2009, 02:08 PM

I'm on myspace and so is she. What do I do if she writes me?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My relationship is in shambles.Can't do anything right.what's happening? [ 20 Answers ]

I'll start from the beginning, My Fiancé and I have been together for over three years now. WE lived together in Georgia while going to school. We broke up after a year and a half because of pressure from our families, money and a whole other series of maladies. We had just start talking again in...

What's better friendship or relationship? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: there's this guy that we both feel the same for the fact that neither one of us want to date because it would hold us down and I also just want to be his friend but I also want to feel closer to him what should I do and also my best friend of 6 years told me he likes me but I also think...

What's the nomal steps in a relationship? Have the first sex after 4 dates? [ 8 Answers ]

What's the nomal steps in a relationship with the white/western guy? The couple have their first sex after 2 weeks? Isn't that too fast for both of them? Especially for the white guy hook up with the Asian girl. So what do you guys think about what's the nomall time for both of them have their...

What's going on. Relationship query! [ 2 Answers ]

Kay here goes... I'm 22 and never had a BF. I'm not good at picking up if someone's flirting with me, I can't seem to pick up body language very well. There is this 28 year old guy (a bit older) that I REALLY fancy. I find myself thinking about him a lot. When we meet we have great long eye...

Getting a divore what's mine and what's not? [ 3 Answers ]

Been married for five yrs two kids one is 4yrs and the other is 1 ,got a house 1 week before we got married and I never got my name on put on the deed.but have been helping with the mortgage the whole time,she makes a lot more money than I do and I also caught her in an affair with her ex...

View more questions Search