Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FRISP Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2009, 09:39 AM
    Computor takes a long time get to user log on
    Rebuilt a PC using XP and all the drivers.

On swt on it takes an age to get past the first windows loading screen, than another while to get past loading windows. I've defragged and run XP in repair mode but it still takes ages to get to the user log on screen.

It also takes an age to close down.

Once past the user log on I get the performance I expect from the SPEC

Any ideas what's the prob or should I just blow the install away and start again.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 03:03 PM

Try clearing out all the spyware and adware using Advanced System Care. There is a free version that cleans out all this stuff. It's amazing what it can do. If you run that program and you still have a long shut down and start up, then clear it out and reload everything all over again. It's just whenever you go on the net you pick up stuff that slows your whole system down. You never know where that stuff is hiding.

Also CCleaner cleans up all the leftover program install stuff. Run that also.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 04:10 PM

Have you checked all your startup items?
    -strat, run, type msconfig - enter
    -go to startup tab and see if there are programs that are there that maybe you don't need to start with PC

Also in this post, links 3 and 5 will make a difference is 'speed' and overall performance
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/comput...rs-233870.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water takes a long time to get hot [ 4 Answers ]

It takes five minutes for the water it heat up in my bathroom even thought it is not far from the water heater. What can I do?

Hot water takes long time [ 4 Answers ]

Hello every one, It takes long time for the hot water to come on while we take shower especially on the second floor shower, once it is running then it is OK, but in the beginning wasting a lot of water, any suggestions please.

Heat takes a long time [ 1 Answers ]

My gas heat takes a long time to reach the setting. Why?

Research on how long lunch time takes [ 9 Answers ]

How far does the typical employee drive for lunch?

Dryer Takes Long Time to Dry [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have a Frigidaire washer/dryer. The dryer can take upwards to 2+ hours to dry in automatic mode. There is heat coming from the dryer. I tried turning on the dryer and checking the vent in the dryer (where the lint trap is located). I noticed that while there is suction I do feel a...

View more questions Search