Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keithwayne777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Evicting handicapped tenants in Texas
    I have a handicapped tenant in Texas. She uses a motorized wheelchair and is house bound. She
    Has not paid rent for 4 months with various excuses. What special considerations do handicapped
    Tenants get when it comes to eviction? Does the 3 day notice to pay rent or vacate still apply?
    Does she have special rights that would allow her to stay beyond the 30 day normal eviction
    Period and if so what are they? What sources are available on the internet to search this
    Regarding landlord/tenant law in Texas?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 10:06 AM

There is an entire explanation on this website, if you cannot access it here, enter 'evicting the handicapped' in Google.

www.cga.ct.gov/2004/rpt/2004-R-0459

Tick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 27, 2009, 03:44 PM

The regular laws apply but part of the issues are

1. why you waited 4 months and did not evict in 15 days on the first month

2. you give them notice and if they move great, if they don't move you file eviction in court, it will be up to the judge to see if they believe they need more time or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting tenants with no lease [ 1 Answers ]

How do I evict a tenant who's residency is contingent on the work he performs on the premises (or doesn't perform)? No agreements were signed, I live in New York

How do I evict tenants? I live in Florida, ex lives in Tennessee. Tenants are friends [ 1 Answers ]

Here's the story. My wife and I used to live in our house in Michigan. She moved to Tennessee first with the kids. I moved to Florida by myself. Upon leaving the home, she suggested I rent the property to friends of hers. I was getting the rent at first and then now they send it to her only. ...

How do Evicting a adult child in Texas? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, my 19yr old stepson has returned home after being in the Job Corps for over a year. Before he left he was told not to return because he cannot abide by the house rules, and Supervision at the Job Corps instructed him on this matter. He finished the Job Corps and showed up 1 day before...

Can bank evict well paying tenants if tenants want to stay [ 3 Answers ]

My good friend from England and his family are leasing a home in Houston TX. He is a well paid man working for a oil company and (with British passports). Landlord fell sick and is about to foreclose the house and go bankrupt. My friend Martin loves to stay there to continue his tenancy (a...

Texas Law on evicting a house guest [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the Texas laws on evicting a house guests or a renter that has no lease and has not paid rent.

View more questions Search