Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iLLyriC Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 07:55 AM
    About battery life of a laptop
    Hi @ all,

I just got a brand new model: Asus N61VG-JX006V
    And what I want to ask is:

I heard from someone that its better to remove the charger when battery is full while working on a laptop because it increases the battery life.

Is it really true that I should charge the battery until its full and than remove it, or is it same if I let the charger always plugged in when I work on it?

Thanks to all who supports the others with their useful advices and answers!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 04:17 PM

What is suggested is to remove AC power and let the laptop totally run out and then attach AC again to get to a full charge

And then leave plugged in

Do once very so often will help extend the battery life
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 06:48 PM

While that is true for NiCd it's not true for LiIon batteries. LiIon battery chemistries really like the batteries to stay topped jut like lead acid does.

I think Nickel Metal Hydride likes to be topped too.

Also these batteries seem to more affected by time than number of discharge cycles. Keep it plugged in.

The real answer depends on the battery chemistry.
    iLLyriC Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 07:50 PM
    thanks a lot! =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop battery life [ 8 Answers ]

I just reasently got a laptop. My battery life is so short,like an hou, How can I maximize my battery life. Sumone told me that I should cgarge it or a long time, like 24hrs and that shoul boost its life span

Laptop battery [ 2 Answers ]

I almost always plug my laptop in for power. How can I extend the life of the battery ? Can I remove it when I plug it into the wall?

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

View more questions Search