Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hsiao2003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 11:49 AM
    No witness for a car accident what should you do
    I was hit by a car running red light when I proceed to the road with green light. I was hit on the front left of my wheel and bumper. Someone called police and police came to take information from both. But the caller was not present to be a witness. Does the intersection install camera the police can request to provide to insurance company. Because the girl ran over the right light lie about she had green light. The cars on her road were stopped at the time she hit me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 26, 2009, 07:23 PM

Is there a camera on the light? Around here about one in 10,000 have cameras. If there is a camera you can inform the insurance company who can ask for that info.
    xcarleex Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Nov 27, 2009, 05:45 AM

If there was a camera then yes you should be able to get this footage and use it as proof!

If not then I'm afraid its basically your word against hers.
    Somebody hit my car reasontly and I was actually stationary, so I didn't go through my insurance, contacted a solicitor (free) so that they could fight it for me because the other person was denying liabilty. This is now going on to court to see what the judge thinks because I will not except 50/50 because it was not my fault.

Maybe you should think about doing the same, because your insurance will settle it at 50/50
    Which will mean that your premium will go up!
    And you shouldn't accept this if it wasn't your fault, let someone try and fight your case!
    Also if you have any injuries, (wiplash) the solicitors will sort this out for you!

Hope this helps :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expert answer about minor car accident [ 2 Answers ]

I had a car accident last week, which was not really accident, it was minor, but I claim to second parties insurance, to pay my damage. When I entered in parking lot in a private blockbuster parking zone in Burbank CA, there were another car that he just parked close my lot and when I was trying to...

Car accident -driver in front put her car in reverse and smashed me [ 2 Answers ]

I was sitting in my car at a red light. Traffic was heavy-ish. Suddenly- very suddenly and out of nowhere my car and the car in front of me collided with an enormous impact. I was stunned. I was shocked and confused. Prior to impact my car was absolutely stationary! My chest area ( heart) ,...

Car accident with no insurance [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Bradenton Florida, I had a car accident in 2005 , it was my fault, I wasn't high speeding but I was on a phone call , didn't realize the light turned red and ipassed it, I hit a car which the car didn't have big damage and the person who was driving just got some scratched , I didn't have...

Witness Statement 3 Months Later For Car Accident [ 8 Answers ]

Please help! Without getting into the details of the accident right now, in general, what extent of influence would a witness to a car accident have if they were not found until 3 months after the accident? I live in California and saw an accident a little over 3 months ago, in mid March. I did...

View more questions Search