Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kpro348 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 07:41 AM
    My goodman furnace starts and then stops and then refires after a few seconds why
    My goodman furnace starts like normal but after a few seconds stops and then restarts a few seconds later it fires then stops then refires why
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 26, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Try cleaning the flame sensor. That is the cheapest thing to do first.
    Attached Images

crashnjerry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2009, 06:52 PM

I have the same problem with mine, I've done the cleaning of everything, even had a tech check it out, can't figure why it fires up and then shuts off, vent motor stays running, then resets and refires, sometimes going on for 20 minutes or so then finally staying on, be nice to know up else can be checked or done
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 07:16 PM
    The next step I would take is to measure the current from the flame sensor to be sure it is enough to satisfy the requirements of the circuit board to keep the unit running.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Doc1.pdf (42.4 KB, 300 views)
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 09:38 PM
    Have you checked the status light for activity? It should be visible through a clear viewer like this.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nordyne furnace starts & stops [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 8/9 yr old Nordyne gas furnace. I am remodeling this home and at night I shut the heat off to save energy. When start in the morn. I turn it on and set the theromstat at 65 deg. And it will start up and run but before it reaches what ever temperature I set it at, it will shut the burner...

My Brand New Goodman 3tn Heat Pump only pushes freon for 5 seconds and stops. Why ? [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a brand new 3 ton goodman Heat Pump system... when the ac turns on , I can here the reverse valve open and the compressor kick on , and here is the question.. The 7/8" copper freon line gets ice cold as it should but only for about 10 seconds and then it goes back to a normal but...

Starts good but stops in 5-10 seconds [ 4 Answers ]

I have a tecumseh engine that is 5 years old and always ran well. The 3rd time I went to start it this year it started good but stops in 5-10 seconds. There is a new spark plug and air cleaner. I have tried to start it more than 12 times now with same result.

Only in AM, gas furnace stops and starts [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a Gaffers-Sattler furnace, about 40 years old. Runs great, but for one problem. In the morning around 5 or 6, I turn on furnace and it will heat up and run for about 5 to 6 minutes then stop for about 3 minutes and repeat this all morning long. (frustration as this is when its...

View more questions Search