Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KB50MJ Posts: 91, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 10:29 PM
    Can Skin lighteners get rid of acne?
    This is going to be my 2nd and last thread for the night.

But do skin lighteners get rid of acne?

Because I started using one ans I started t oget acne, but it might also be because I used a different moisturizer that wasn't as strong as the one I normally use.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Nov 26, 2009, 04:12 AM

Hmmmm. Some can. But they are more likely to cause acne. Then get rid of it. BUT that's just my experience.
    pamela18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 05:13 AM

Some skin lighteners helps to to get rid of acne. But, if you have acne problem, then must read this Article - "Some Simple Tips to Get Rid of Acne". Here you will get lots of homemade herbal recipes for preventing acne and reducing their marks left on the skin.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2009, 06:44 AM

Depending on the brand you are using and their ingredients. Many also use oils and/or petrolatum which can clog the pores, and some also may contain silicones which sits on the surface of your skin and can not penetrate. But some may help clear acne usually if they have ingredients like aha acids, retinol, etc
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2009, 03:06 AM

In the past the skin lightening products that I have used have helped to get rid of my unsightly acne scars
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beyro View Post
    i want to know what skin cream can remove acne scars i dont have breakouts any more which im soo happy about its just these stupid scars on my forehead that i need to get rid can anyone help me?
    To remove acne scar and marks, all you really need is retin-a (tretinoin) and sunblock w/ high spf. My spots on my cheeks are now gone and the ones on my forehead are lightening up.
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by beyro View Post
    i want to know what skin cream can remove acne scars i dont have breakouts any more which im soo happy about its just these stupid scars on my forehead that i need to get rid can anyone help me?
    In the past clairr liss has worked good for me
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Nov 29, 2009, 09:39 AM

I believe SOME of them do help with acne. I think this is due to the AHA's that are in them like glycolic or lactic.

And I've got to agree with GG, Retin-A is pretty good. I'd only advise to use it at night only though and sunblock during the day.
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 02:59 PM

Your derm. Will tell you what percentage they think is best to treat your condition
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2009, 03:31 PM

True. Your derm may start you off with the smallest percentage 0.025%.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the best skin lighteners for african american [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone I'm new to this web site and I'm trying to figure out how everything works but anyway I would like to know the best lightening products that work for African American with a dark complexion.Also the best products lightening black spots on face and lightening area around my eyes and...

I have back acne. Does anyone know how to get rid of it. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Everyone! I have one tiny problem. I have like bumps on my back it's also known as "Bacne." I really want to get rid of it. Does anyone know how? Thank you!(:

Can you mix skin lighteners? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if you could mix skin lighteners.? From the Meladerm website it says "We do not recommend you directly mix the product with any other substance. You may use additional moisturizers, toners and cleansing products in routine with our products. Please test for skin irritation when...

View more questions Search