Ask
    Daniel Lust Posts: 22, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 30, 2009, 05:32 PM
    Sorry if I am rambling on hehe
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 05:49 PM
    No your not rambling, I like to read and everyone here can tell you I like to write a lot. OK, I see now, the actress/model is pretty. About Don the vamp, yes he has very nice facial structure, what is his nationality? Well, w/ me for the past few years I have a fascination with vamps... excluding the sparkling ones from twilight. But, yeah I would think if I ever met don the vamp 80% of me would possibly believe he was a real vamp and I would be surprised if he ate real food. Yeah, although most of the time I do not dress like it, I am a bit goth/emo with the music, my art, books, movies, films, poetry, etc. I always like the role/style Aaliyah played in Queen of the damned as "Akasha". But that's not why I lighten, my goal is to reach the golden shade I had when I was a kid.

Well, make sure you do as much studying about mono used along w/ almond oil, the risks, how to limit spots, and so forth. I am still doing as much reading as I can about hydroquinone and tretinoin, among other things. As I am lightening so that I can understand my successes with it along with the challenges. I would suggest you can try contacting Lil' Greg for tips for best results in reaching this goal, up here who also uses mono, almond oil, and arbutin and he is very scientific.
    -

Nov 30, 2009, 06:27 PM

Yeah I will definitely contact Lil' Greg. The spots is the only thing I am worried about. As far as going completely white.. it doesn't scare me at all because I am Caucasian and I was always pale like a ghost as a kid.. but surfing is what did it! I went too much into the sun and the doctor told me I needed to stop because skin cancer runs in my family and I wasn't about to lose myself in that situation! It's a scary thought and one has to take precautions!

Aaliyah did an amazing role in Queen Of The Damned.. and may I say she looked so fiiine! Hehehe props for her role and God bless her heart!
    -

Nov 30, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Don Henrie aka Don The Vampire is Japanese-American as far as I know.
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Yeah, he can help with how to lighten the areas of the spots so they can blend. A suggestion, you can exfoliate first with retina (tretinoin), lactic acid, &/or salicylic acid for a few weeks to help remove any damaged and dead skin cells. After you do this as well as use a high sph sunblock, the skin underneath will naturally be lighter and the product you use will be more quickly absorbed. But, I know little about the full process of mono. Mequinol can also depig at 20% and can used along side tretinoin and can also lighten to the desired shade when used at a lower strength. Much luck
    -

Nov 30, 2009, 11:58 PM

Mequinol just takes longer, right? It would probably be safer for me to use that than Mono only because I'm not too dark.
    -

Nov 30, 2009, 11:58 PM
    Vin Diesal complexion.. maybe even 2 shades lighter.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lust View Post
    Mequinol just takes longer, right? It would probably be safer for me to use that than Mono only because I'm not too dark.
    I'm unsure if it takes longer to depig but from this article it seems to state that it will depig much sooner with less side effects compared to mono:

Pg 364: Mequinol (4-Methoxyphenol)
    Mequinol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...60f4238c2ad3d0

4-Methoxyphenol
    KB50MJ Posts: 91, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 05:47 PM

Also. Golden Girl. That site that was posted in the first or second page selling the Retin A and HQ for like $2.

What's up with that? Is that a scam or something? Like $2 for a product that some people sell for $6-$200?
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KB50MJ View Post
    Also. Golden Girl. That site that was posted in the first or second page selling the Retin A and HQ for like $2.

Whats up with that? Is that a scam or something? Like $2 for a product that some people sell for $6-$200?
    That's what I had thought and it through me off a bit. But, the reason they are so cheap is because they are Indian generic brands used in India but contains the same active ingredients, which are cheaper than American/Western generic brands, and much cheaper than American/western brand name versions such as Eldoquin, Epiquin Micro, Lustra, Melanex, etc. for generic Hq and Retin-A for generic tretinoin. Some are resold in the U.S. with higher prices, depending who the sellers are. I did check out their manufactures of the products to see if they were legit. I realized it really doesn't cost much to manufacture, it's the middle man that chooses the price for profit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 07:03 PM

Please report specific posts that are advertising.

Dec 1, 2009, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    That's what I had thought and it through me off a bit. But, the reason they are so cheap is because they are Indian generic brands used in India but contains the same active ingredients, which are cheaper than American/Western generic brands, and much cheaper than American/western brand name versions such as Eldoquin, Epiquin Micro, Lustra, Melanex, etc. for generic Hq and Retin-A for generic tretinoin. Some are resold in the U.S. with higher prices, depending who the sellers are. I did check out their manufactures of the products to see if they were legit. I realized it really doesnt cost much to manufacture, it's the middle man that chooses the price for profit.
    So their safe and effective to use?
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 07:32 PM
    So their safe and effective to use?
    Yes. Retin-a is the acid form of vitamin A. with hq, I prefer to use no more than 5-6 months per area.
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 08:02 PM

I'm trying that one on my neck, thing is it may work well for someone, but not the other. My neck is starting to lighten slowly from using it, but not as fast as it has done for other members. Some members received no results.

Dec 1, 2009, 09:52 PM
    yes. retin-a is the acid form of vitamin A. with hq, I prefer to use no more than 5-6 months per area.
    How light can this make me?
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2009, 09:25 PM
    How light can this make me?
    This regimen is known to lighten to the shade of your choice to golden or even fair along with undertones still present. As long as you use good sunblock with high spf.

Dec 3, 2009, 04:23 AM
    This regimen is known to lighten to the shade of your choice to golden or even fair along with undertones still present. As long as you use good sunblock with high spf.
    Ok. Thanks.

I also use a product to wash my face called Equate Cleanser or something like that.

It works well and cleans my face up well.

Will that be good enough to use with these?
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2009, 08:07 PM
    Ok. Thanks.

I also use a product to wash my face called Equate Cleanser or something like that.

It works well and cleans my face up well.

Will that be good enough to use with these?
    If it is a good cleanser for you and cleanse well then it should work fine, I don't know the ingredients in it. If you want, you can post the ingredients list of it and I can take a look at it.

Dec 4, 2009, 01:14 PM
    If it is a good cleanser for you and cleanse well then it should work fine, I don't know the ingredients in it. If you want, you can post the ingredients list of it and I can take a look at it.
    Here you go:

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 11:17 PM
    Here you go:
    Water
    Cetyl Alcohol- to increase foaming capacity or to stabilize foams
    Propylene Glycol- used to help stabilize formulations
    Sodium Lauryl Sulfate- helping water to mix w, oil & dirt so they can be rinsed away easily
    Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben- preservatives

This is a basic cleanser and will clean the skin, but make sure you have a good skin moisturizer since this can be drying. Especially while also using hq/ra. COSMETICSINFO.ORG - Your source for safety information about cosmetics and personal care products

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Woking mechanism of skin whitening cream and bleaching [ 1 Answers ]

What is the working mechanism of skin whitening cream and bleaching agents

Which cream is better for lighter skin?papaya cream and soap or magic cream? [ 5 Answers ]

Which one it the best papaya soap and cream or magic cream?. How long does it take to see results when using papaya soap and or cream or both together?. How long dose it take to see results when using magic cream and or soap?. Or both together?. Please e-mail me and let me know thanks...

View more questions Search