Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neskora Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 09:05 PM
    Duerr tradesman log splitter
    I have a Duerr Tradesman, 20 ton log splitter, Lot/Model 241-521-110/J26065 which has slowed down to a snails pace. The pump seems to be building pressure as witnessed by a pressure surge at the fully retracted position. Otherwise little or no pressure is observed on the pressure gage. The control valve has developed a slight leak at the end opposite the control lever. Does this sound like a control valve problem or a problem in the hydrallic piston? Are parts and manuals available for this splitter?
    Thanks for your help,
    Dan
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Nov 26, 2009, 09:12 AM

Hi,
    Since the valve is the distributor of the operating pressure, it is your problem. It is often easier to replace than rebuild; though I have done both. If one or more of the O-rings fail, the fluid just takes the bypass route that it takes when in the neutral position.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    jane888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 07:33 AM
    I apologize for not responding with an answer, but was wondering if you have an instruction manuel/parts manuel for the Model of Duerr Tradesman logsplitter you mentioned. I need one for a relative who has acquired one and is in the process of repairing it. Please advise. Thanking you in advance for any assistance. [email protected]
    marcusdbeaver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2012, 12:48 PM
    how can I find the value of my duerr tradesman 20, 5 horsepower B & G, super high output splitter. Good shape. Help?

[email protected]
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Dec 13, 2012, 11:29 PM
    Hi,
    What ever you can get someone to pay. Duerr has been out of business for a number of years.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Duerr log splitter [ 18 Answers ]

Who actually makes a Duerr log splitter?I need owners manual but can't locate yhat brand name

Duerr log splitter hydraulic oil filter [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Duerr log splitter. I wish to change the hydraulic oil filter but Fram no longer makes the one I have. What brand and number of a filter will be appropriate?

Duerr log splitter [ 2 Answers ]

Peadybob: I need a hydraulic oil filter for my Duerr log splitter. What is the brand & number of yours? I've tried a NAPA #1259 and it mushrooms when the splitter is started.Thanks. elandem

Duerr Log Splitter manuals [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I get Duerr manuals

View more questions Search