Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pschmahl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 09:14 AM
    No hot water in shower
    I have a shower in my master bathroom in which the water does not get hot. The water in the sink in that bathroom gets hot, and the water in the adjacent bathroom's bathtub gets hot. The water heater is turned up to ~140F, but we still can't get hot water in the master shower. I believe I have a Delta fixture, but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for your help.
    dmrlook Posts: 134, Reputation: 8

Nov 25, 2009, 09:42 AM

I assume you have a one faucet shower control (as opposed to two separate knobs) correct? Typically, there is a limiter that prevents the one knob from being turned too far in the hot direction. I suspect this may be your problem. You should look around the Delta web site for your specific model and find the manual for it. It should tell you how to adjust this limit. This will involve removing the decorative plate that covers the mixing valve (held on by two screws) and moving the limiting mechanism - not had to do.
    pschmahl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrlook View Post
    I assume you have a one faucet shower control (as opposed to two separate knobs) correct? Typically, there is a limiter that prevents the one knob from being turned too far in the hot direction. I suspect this may be your problem. You should look around the Delta web site for your specific model and find the manual for it. It should tell you how to adjust this limit. This will involve removing the decorative plate that covers the mixing valve (held on by two screws) and moving the limiting mechanism - not had to do.
    Thanks, dmrlook. I actually have a Moentrol single faucet shower control. I'm guessing there is a similar limiter. I'll check it and get back to you.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water in main bath turns cold after first shower [ 3 Answers ]

I have 1.5 baths and every morning after my daughter takes her shower it's my turn and I'm getting in to cold water. This just started about a year or so ago. I've turned up my hot water heater to max that won't cause any problems but I'm still taking a practically cold shower every morning.

Low hot water pressure shower head and tub faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi - We have low hot water pressure from both our shower head and tub faucet It's a Delta single arm ball handle if that helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have hot water in sink but not in the shower [ 2 Answers ]

I have hot water in sink but not in the shower

No hot water in master bath;scortching hot everywhere else. [ 2 Answers ]

OK here is my dilema.. I just purchased a newly built home. We are the 1st owners and everything was brand new.. appliances, furnace boiler etc; I have scortching hot water everywhere but my master bath. I have 2 flrs and 2 full baths. Bathroom on 1st floor has hot water enough to fog up...

Oily or 'hot' smell coming from water after replacing well water pump [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I had to replace our water pump after it ceased and died on us this past Friday night! Ever since we replaced the well pump with a new Gould 1/2 hp we have been noticing an oily or hot smell coming from our taps... doesnt matter if it's the kitchen or the bathroom sink or...

View more questions Search