Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simbook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2009, 04:43 AM
    Airline Compensation
    I wonder if anyone can help me as I am getting different information.

I booked a flight through Expedia for a flight with Easyjet.

Easyjet cancelled our flight on the 4th October and we had to stay overnight (which they did eventually compensate us for). I have since read that if we were not informed of our cancelled flight then we would be entitled to compensation of approx. €250 per passenger. If the airline informed then this would not be paid. When I asked them about this, they advised that they have emailed Expedia and also called them to notify them of the cancelled flight a few months prior to our trip. I was never informed of the flight being cancelled until we turned up at the airport for our flight. Expedia say they were never told. Easyjet will not provide proof of the email being sent or who they spoke to or the date they say they made the call. Expedia will not do anything further in light of this as Easyjet will not prove they did it they just keep saying they did it.

How does this work with compensation being paid?

I would appreciate your comments on what to do next.;)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 25, 2009, 05:05 AM

First you need to determine whether the compensation rule is correct or not. Since you used the Euro symbol for currency, this may be a local rule, not international. (you really should provide a general location in your profile, especially when asking legal questions)

Once you determine whether this rule does apply to you, you then need to take up the issue with either the agency that governs air travel (like the FAA for the US) or go to your equivalent of small claims court to file suit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Airline Memoribilia [ 1 Answers ]

I have collected hundreds of airline "things" over the past 40 years; AA, and travel agencies. Where can I get a "true" estimate on the value? I have things from such carriers as; Air Florida / Frontier / Braniff / TWA / Ozark / Western, etc. AA (fur shur). Many I have NOT found on the...

Airline travel [ 2 Answers ]

I will be going to mediation and was wondering how young I am required to let minor children fly out of state. My children are 3yrs and 6mo and their fater lives in state but wants to travel to see grandparents.

Airline imformation [ 4 Answers ]

Do the airlines have access to warrants where they can stop people from leaving the country? For example two mistimeaners and a burgulary charge.

View more questions Search