Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Q Works Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Commercial Cleaning Pricing
    Good Afternoon,
    I run a works program and we have opportunities to bid on janitorial and cleaning contracts in the Central FL area. We do this kind of work currently in-house and also through another agency in the state. The pricing for the outside work is done by the state agency so we have no one here with enough knowledge of the costs and industry standards for the work that is performed.

We have done some proposals and we seem to be high with our prices. We have worked our direct labor costs with an estimate of the products used, factored in a overhead amount and also including a profit margin. Usually Direct - 100% to 125% indirect and 25% profit.

I was wondering if there was a standard for pricing by either square footage or by number of fixtures. Most of the jobs we have been looking at have been commercial locations with offices, bath rooms and hallways etcetera. Moping, vacuuming, dusting, empting trash cans, cleaning bathrooms, refilling dispenser’s etcetera. I know we will usually include an "as needed" for extra services not done on a daily or weekly basis.

Any information or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

David
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 24, 2009, 07:26 PM

If after all your costs are added up and you are trying to get 25% profit on top then in my humble opinion, that is part or most of your problem in being competitive.

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2009, 11:53 PM
    Hi, Q Works!

With Stringer being on your thread, you're definitely in the hands of the best person to advise you here!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial office cleaning pricing [ 3 Answers ]

I have Cleaned small offices once a week for over 20 years I have a chance to bid on 2 accounts To be cleaned 5 days per week. One is 22,000 sq feet and currently has 3 tenants and one vacant office 4819 sq ft trash emptied daily 12 common bathroons basically vacuuming dusting 2 sets of glass...

Commercial cleaning pricing [ 2 Answers ]

Good morning, What is the average price that should be charged for cleaning a commercial bldg in frederick county, Maryland? I received a proposal to clean a 9400 sq ft bldg for $585.00 per month. When I do the math, $585.00 divided by 9400 = 0.07 per sq ft. This seems low to me. What...

Pricing commercial cleaning jobs [ 2 Answers ]

I am starting a commercial cleaning business and to know how to price out the different jobs that come with the business. Please help.THANKS

Clueless on Commercial Cleaning Pricing [ 9 Answers ]

I'm starting a small commercial cleaning company. I've been offered a job that supply wise and skill wise, I'm ready for, however, I am clueless as to how to price. I know that square footage should be factored in, supplies, labor building density and time it takes to clean. But how to I put it...

View more questions Search