Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    5649994212 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 12:03 PM
    Why do I want a baby at fourteen?
    Hi,
    I know what a lot of you will say, I've searched through a lot of other answers for this question but none of them give me the answer I need.
    I'm fourteen, and I so badly want a baby, but please listen to this; I know I can't have one and I am not going to do anything about having one until I'm much older.
    I want one but I am going to wait, I know how cruel it could be for the baby if I had it now as I wouldn't beable to raise it, and I understand that, but I need to know how to stop my longing for one.
    When I was younger all I wanted was loads of kids, like all little girls do, now I've grown up and matured, but for the last few months I've wanted a child so badly, and its driving me nuts! Whenever my parents go out ill grab my old dolls or ill put a pillow up my top and pretend, and I know how immature that sounds but I can't help it. I'd love to feel my baby kick, or hold it for the first time, change its nappies, get up in the middle of the night to feed it, I know that that's going to be hard, especially for a fourteen year old and that's why I'm waiting until I can support myself and my child but I don't know why I feel this way.
    I can't talk to my parents/friends or my boyfriend about it, but I need to understand what's going on!
    Please please please help give me some answers, if anyone else is having this same problem and can relate to this they will understand how hard it is.
    Thank you x
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 12:11 PM
    I need to just say one thing, at 14 your not mature. Your still having changes in your body, your still growing and mentally your still maturing.

What is the reason you want a baby? I know that's the question your basically asking us but I don't understand why you want a baby at 14. You have your entire life ahead of you.

You have a baby now life as you know it will change. Your friends will change because how can you have silly girlfriend time and take care of a baby. Who will babysit and pay for the sitter. The food. The diapers. Your schooling.

I know you understand all this.

Are you lacking attention in some areas of your life? Have your parents split or something cause you to want this kind of attention that a baby gives and needs.
    kayasmommy4109 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Nov 24, 2009, 12:29 PM

I think most girls that are young and try to get pregnant or long for ababy is because they are missing something in their lives. They want someone to love them or someone to love unconditionally get a puppy or something! A child is not the answer nor will it solve the problem you are having with looking for someone to love or be loved by
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 24, 2009, 01:41 PM

I'm happy to hear that you know now is not a good time to become a parent :)

Longing for your own family is normal and knowing that its important to be older and more prepared is VERY important - so good for you for being willing to wait to make the best possible life for your future children.

That being said, I know it sounds a bit scary to talk to your parents about this, but I do think talking to SOMEONE would help. Not your boyfriend, but someone older who's been in your shoes - or someone who has had a child already. Perhaps you could keep a journal to help you "vent" your thoughts. Time will help you get over this, but you also have to find a way to get these feelings out--which will help you find an answer to your desires.

I think most girls that are young and try to get pregnant or long for ababy is because they are missing something in their lives. They want someone to love them or someone to love unconditionally get a puppy or something! A child is not the answer nor will it solve the problem you are having with looking for someone to love or be loved by
    This is a good point. Younger girls who have these feelings tend to want something/someone to love and feel as though a baby could "fix" things. I'm not sure if this is the case with you, but it's a common thought.

Do you think working as a babysitter or in a daycare could help give you a better perspective on this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm fourteen and I need to know if I'm pregnant. [ 46 Answers ]

OK so let me fill you in and then can you PLEASE give me some help! My last period was February 28. I had unprotected sex on march 15 and 16. I've checked a lot of sites that say that was during my "fertile ovulation" time. So what I want to know is it possible that I may be pregnant? My period...

Fourteen and may be pregnant. [ 6 Answers ]

Im fourteen and I might be pregnant.. My last period was from the 2/2/08-9/2/08 I had unprotected sex on the 16/2/08 But we also used a condom after about 10 minutes.. He pulled out before he came.. When we have sex we use a condom, But we have a few goes without one too, 23/2/08 we...

Why do I want a baby so bad, I'm only fourteen? [ 58 Answers ]

Well recently I've been wanting to have a baby. I feel like it's the right time? But I'm only fourteen years old. I've been watching this programme on bbc 3 called 'underage and pregnant' and I know someone who's sixteen and she's pregnant. Everyone I'vee seen/talked to said it was the best...

Fourteen Hours [ 1 Answers ]

In 14 hours (1951) Agnes Moorehead tries to talk would be suicide Richard Basehart off a ledge by suggesting a vacation to what town?

Wilson's fourteen points [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am in American History and we are studying the aftermath of World War.Iam trying to understand Wilson's fourteen points when it talk about the causes of modern war:secrect diplomacy,the arms race,violations of freedom of the seas,and trade barriers. Please help me I have no idea what any...

View more questions Search