Ask
    zala514 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 08:58 AM
    Casting agency
    How do I start my own casting agency, from home
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2009, 10:02 AM

What are your contacts and experience in the entertainment industry? What are your agency connections?

Nov 24, 2009, 10:53 AM
    I have a few contacts with some low budget producers and directors, a few actors. No angency connections
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2009, 11:34 AM

Then it's going to be VERY difficult to operate as a casting agent.

What is your experience?

Nov 24, 2009, 11:48 AM
    Linited. I have been doing PA work on some low budget films and extras casting work as well. Also 2nd AD work. What will mostly make it difficult? I'm finding it pretty easy to find the talent, they are all over mandy.com
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2009, 01:33 PM

You can find the talent, I'm sure, but what project is going to hire you as a casting director?

Talent comes in all shapes, sizes, degrees. That's why agents pretty much have their pick of who they want to represent.

In my "try out in NYC" days I never dealt directly with a casting agent. My agent dealt with the casting agent and I got the call. Part of the problem was negotiating the contract, verifying union membership.

Perhaps it's different where you live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I start my own casting agency? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to start my own adult entertainment casting agency and what paperwork, finances, etc. Is necessary in getting things going. Thank you.

Starting a Casting/ Talent Agency [ 1 Answers ]

Any info on books / courses / etc. on starting one's own casting agency would be appreciated. Cating agencies for sale in the London, UK area are of interest.

Need help with 396 intake casting number [ 1 Answers ]

I have acquired a 396 intake manifold. It's casting number is puzzling me. It is 3883948 X. I know that the numbers mean it was used on 67 and 68 396's. Does anyone know what the X is for? Thanks for any help or direction. :confused:

View more questions Search