Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skychief Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2006, 09:32 PM
    How do I know if they telling me the thuth?
    I received a phone call from a lawyers office in Ga. They said that if I did not pay back a debt or have a plan set up in two days for a amount that I own on a credit card,which is 17,000.00 that they were going to start filing charges against me.
    A week later I called back and told them that I can not pay this amount since I am in a workers comp dispute and am getting no money right now.
    They said that they would settled for 10,000.00 I told them that I could not pay that right now.
    They said that they file papers to have my assets check and so forth.
    My ? Is are they just trying to scare me,don't I get something in the mail about this from the company and not just a phone call ?
    I am behind by 6 months I know that I will be filing chapter 7 in the future back I am trying to wait as long as possible with these new laws.
    It seems funny to me that lawyers would cut what I own by 7000.00 if in fact all what
    They said was true and they could get 17000.00 for there cleint plus all the lawyers fees , right?
    If this is for real what can I do to put things of this nature on hold for 6 more months when things are more in my favor for filing chapter 7?
    Thank you
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 3, 2007, 03:55 AM
    If a collectors mouth is moving, they are lying. Any special deals need to be in writing first. Never give them electronic access to your accounts, or send them post dated checks. They will abuse you if you give them a chance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5 yr. Old telling me (mom) she doesn't like me [ 17 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am looking for some help. My daughter is a very advanced 5 yr old and we get along GREAT. But for the past 3 months she has told me 4 times that she doesn't like me. And to make it worse it is when we are having a good day she hasn't even been yelled at. She just started school...

Telling someone you like them. [ 9 Answers ]

To clear things first I myself am a woman. And there is this other girl who I find extremely attractive. Now my problem is I don't know how to tell her I like her and that I want to get to know her. I'm afraid she'll be freaked out by me if I say anything but I'm not even sure if she's straight or...

Fear of the telling the truth, was abused need advice! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I am a mom of three in the verge of a divorce after 10 yrs, my ex was a boozer abuser and made me fear most things that I considered valuable in life like telling the truth, and communication. I know I lie and hate doing it, I don't lie to my kids, just my ex fear of him I guess. Im so scared...

Telling Parents [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I just found this group this eveing I have an issue where I can use a little advise if any one can help. Ok here goes. A little about me My name is steve I and am 25 years old. My Parents are both loving and caring I come from a 3 person family meaning I am a only child My...

View more questions Search