Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capybaras Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 07:37 AM
    Veneer plaster on purple moisture/mold resistant drywall?
    My bathroom renovation has new drywall up that is a purple color (called "mold/moisture resistant"). This purple color is only on one side. I saw some "normal" blueboard and it looked more gray, where as this is more purple. I think this is the new green board?

In either case, can this purple drywall take plaster veneer just like blue board, or is this different somehow?

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 24, 2009, 10:27 AM

Purple, green and blue drywall are all moisture resistant drywall and can accept veneer plaster

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moisture, mold, attic [ 16 Answers ]

We put an addiction on our one story ranch here in southern Maine. When the insulation people did they're work. They didn't run enough proper vent up the rafters and therefore, after a year or so we had visible water stains in the ceilling. Checking into this I found the black mold. I sprade the...

Mold and moisture in closets and on windows [ 5 Answers ]

Hello - a bit of a preplexing issure I have here... In an upstairs apartment, we recently found mold in a closet. The closet is in the back left corner of the apartment (the joining of 2 exterior walls). At first, we assumed that this mold was due to a leak in the roof, but I am beginning to...

Repair drywall seam around shower stall-some mold in drywall [ 3 Answers ]

Paint on drywall seam --10 in .that surromds ouside od shower stall has cracked. Pulling it off I discovered the mesh drywall tape below showed no signs of mud and was on top of dryall which now has developed a 6 in length of mold--- Painter 3-years ago did not do proper job-what to do?

New mold resistant fiberglass sheetrock [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am redoing my basement bathroom and am ready to put up walls and ceiling. I've purchased the new fiberglass water resistant sheetrock for all of the walls and ceiling. The shower is a one piece fiberglass unit and the ceiling is low due to the overhead plumbing for the upstairs facilities....

View more questions Search