Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muslimah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Work relation for married women
    Assalamualaikum!

Im working with a reputed concern and my job demands me to speak with colleague of both gendre .This is known to my husband (im recently married) .

My question is

1)Me speaking to both gendre collegue(esp male)thr mobile/sms/during working hrs disturbs my husband.He wants me to continue my work as it will help me to be independent if any forseen circumstances happen in life.

I know my boundaries at work and have tried explaining this to my husband .He seems to be convinced at that point but yet brings up this topic occasionally which is disturbing me as a person.

Im religious,I'm wearing scarf/dupattah at work as suggested by my husband and I'm back home on time .

Do help me how to handle this situation in islamic ways?

Regards,

Muslimah
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 24, 2009, 11:19 AM

You know it disturbs your husband, so respect this fact. Never use the texting casually, only use it when required by your work process.

Your life commitment is to your husband so it should take precedence any time it is practical. As long as it does not interfere with you doing your job correctly, honor his wishes, as you would expect him to honor yours in the same way.

If it became impossible for me to honor my wife AND do my job correctly, I would change jobs.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 24, 2009, 11:27 AM

If part of your job entails speaking with male clients or male co-workers then your husband should understand that.

This is part of having a job. You agreed to work there, so you must provide the services you were hired to provide, or find other employment.

Does your husband want you to work in an office with only women and only female clientele? Is that possible in your line of work?

You both need to sit down and discuss this. I don't understand your customs, but it seems a bit controlling to me that your husband would be this upset because you're doing your job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rights of married women [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know if there is any way I can get a woman in trouble for going around telling, in publc places, that she is married to a man that is already married to someone else. I hear that she even wears a wedding band. The man is separated from his legal wife, but not legally, and is staying with...

I'm married and like talking with women [ 4 Answers ]

I'm married with a good and cute woman but I always like to talk with girls and ve company with them espacially from outside european or asian girls I don t think of sex but just to talk and fel that I'm wanted by another woman

A married person forcing me for physical relation [ 9 Answers ]

I am working in a IT comp. my sister's friend's husband helped me in getting that job. I was thankful to him b'coz of that. so i invited him for a treat on my b'day. after that he fall in love with me. he alway say me to become his More than friend. He always force me for physical relationship. I...

Married but want other women [ 16 Answers ]

I am married and have been for 6 years. My husband is the most wonderful man in the world. I get everything that I ask for and then some but I won't to have an affair with a women. I always find myself looking at or commenting on the looks of other women. Is this a sign that I am a lesbian?

I am going out with a married women. [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes it makes me feel guilty, I feel bad for her husband, and she says that too but still with me. I am single and planning to get marry in 2008. Do not know what should I do for sure I don't want to marry her, because I don't want to brake her family as she have two kids. I just can't stop...

View more questions Search