Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MIKA80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 07:31 AM
    3rd interview .
    Hello, I have been able to get to the 3rd interview but there are a few things about the job that I am not "too happy" about.
    I would like to hear your advice on how to address these concerns in the most tactic way.

Basically I applied for a job in NYC, at the first interview HR mentioned that I'll have to go to the NJ offices MAYBE 1/week, at the second interview the department manager told me once/month... and I am afraid that going on like this, at the third interview they will send me directly to the New Jersey offices period.
    Please let me clarify that the ad didn't mention anything about working in the New Jersey office, the job opening was for the New York city offices.

Plus, the salary is not that great but I would have been fine if they weren't asking me to commune for 2 hours every week or more.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2009, 09:06 AM

When you get to the interview, ask the interviewer, in a matter-of-fact manner, how often, if ever, you'll be required to travel to the NJ office. Advise him/her, in a non-accusatory, non-blaming matter that you've been given inconsistent information and would just like to clarify it to be sure. Then, if they do make you an offer and you feel that the commuting expenses will be an inordinate burden, you can try to negotiate for a "commuting allowance" or whatever you'd want to call it. Also, keep in mind that some of your commuting expenses will be tax-deductible and they could probably advise you further in that regard.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 10:19 PM
    I'd do it at the end of the interview, and I wouldn't say anything about inconsistent information. Never make the employer wrong in an interview, just say you're a little confused.

Remember, if they offer you the job you are then holding some of the cards and you can negotiate your employment terms more specifically.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I-751 interview [ 2 Answers ]

I live in California and I have applied for removal of conditions of residence (I 751) on dec 08. They called us for an interview on July 13, 09. I was on Monday at 7am. We were the only couple there. The officer gave us a hard time making questions, trying to intimidate us. We were pretty...

Getting a divorce before 1st interview of marriage based green card interview [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm living in america since 2003 decemeber, 1st I had a f1 then I transfer to h1b and now I'm on marriage based green card status, I'm getting a divorce to my wife and my interview 1st interview is due in a week ,what's going to happen to my status after that I have no criminal record no bad...

Interview [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write a business plan for my forst interview as an assistant manger at a bank?

Interview [ 6 Answers ]

How is the group interview at Bank Of America for a teller position? What kind of questions will they ask in front of everyone ? Will there be more than one person interviewing me help me I have to go for an interview on Monday the 22nd Can anyone who has actually been to one of these...

View more questions Search