Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lajo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 08:56 PM
    Caught without license on Vespa in Canada penalty?
    I was just curious if anyone knows what would happen if someone was caught driving a vespa in the city without having a license (or plates) in Toronto, ON, Canada? Big fine, jail? Bike taken away?

Thanks guys!
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Nov 10, 2006, 07:02 AM
    Having no insurance, you will get a heavy citation. Look at $1500.

Having no license, you will get a second citation. Look at $250.

The bike will be impounded. This is not a criminal offence and many do it. Personally, I'd put a one day point to point insurance and take my chances with the licence if I needed to move the bike.

Which I have done and I was involved in an accident. At that time I was given a $50 citation for not having a license and, well, the motorbike being in three pieces, didn't concern the police too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caught in the middle [ 30 Answers ]

I have a friend who is a single mother of 3. She is a wonderful lady, super mom, and loving friend. However, she is extremely hung up on one of my husband's friends. My husband's friend James just got out of a rather rocky marriage, and is not really into having a relationship. However, a couple...

I was caught without a driver's license. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 19 and I live in Tennessee. A few weeks back I was caught passing a car in a no passing lane and I was pulled over. They gave me a ticket for no drivers livense and passing on double lines. The cop told me if I could get my license by the court date he would let it go but I won't be able to get...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

I was caught making fake money [ 3 Answers ]

I recently was busted for making fake 20's, I passed 8 fake 20 dollar bills. The police found another 15 or so in my trash. I understand that I committed a federal offense, what would be a ballpark of my punishment? I'm a single mom with 2 boys who's father recently committed suicide?

Caught in the middle [ 1 Answers ]

About a month a go I went to a used car dealer and bought a car. In the state of New Hampshire you have to get the car inspected. I went and got it inspected and my mechanic passed it. Well just today while driving my right control wheel broke and thank god I wasn't hurt. I called aaa and had them...

View more questions Search