Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AidenRaysMommy Posts: 21, Reputation: -1

Nov 23, 2009, 11:18 PM
    Can I lose weight?
    I was told that it will be hard for me to lose weight. I just had a baby 3 months ago. I had to have a c-section. I was told its harder to lose the belly if you have a c-section. I gained about 80lbs during my pregnancy. I've noticed that a lot of my friends that have had baby vaginally look like they never had kids 2 months after.
    My question is, will it be possible for me to lose my tummy within a year? Or will it go down on its own?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 23, 2009, 11:23 PM

It's possible, but you're going to have to work for it.

I also gained 80 pounds with each pregnancy. That's 160 pounds for both, more then I weigh!

I didn't have a C-section but I did have the tummy.

1 year is asking for a lot. The normal rule is that it will take you twice as long to take off the weight as it took to put the weight on.

Are you breastfeeding? That will help.

Start with light exercise, the right foods, walking (take baby).

There are also mommy and me classes that incorporate your baby into your exercise routine.

Crunches and sit ups when you're ready.

Don't push it.

Give yourself the time. You didn't get this shape over night and you won't ever be exactly the same as you were before, but you can get your body back, if you try.

Congrats on the baby and good luck. :)
    AidenRaysMommy Posts: 21, Reputation: -1

Nov 23, 2009, 11:27 PM

I' strictly breastfeed. No supplementing with formula. I've gone back to my pre pregnancy weight, I just have the tummy.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 23, 2009, 11:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AidenRaysMommy View Post
    I' strictly breastfeed. no supplementing with formula. i've gone back to my pre pregnancy weight, I just have the tummy.
    Tummy crunches, sit ups, that's the way to go.

You may never get back to the way you were, but you will get more toned.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2009, 12:35 PM

Diet and breastfeeding. Be careful of crunches etc until you've got the all clear from your doctor. In any case, all they will do is give you strong muscles, they won't shift the fat sitting on top of them.

Bodybuilders have a saying "Abs are built in the kitchen, not the gym". A good diet (lots of protein, healthy fat, green veg, very little white carbs or junk food) will do the majority of the work of shifting your belly.

Get out as much as possible, walking and exercising. And keep breastfeeding. A baby is the only device that will let you sit in front of the television and get the fat sucked out of you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

I want to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

I am 31yrs old and now topping the scales at 400lbs. I have tried everything and am now once again going to weight watchers. Does anyone have a success story that they could share about what they did or how they overcame the weight battle?

My b/f wants me to lose weight! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello I'm 22 years old,my boyfriend is 32(he is my first man) soon its going to be 3 Years since me and my boyfriend are together. My height is 5.5(165cm) and when I met my b/f almost 3 years ago my weight was 125lbs, and about 8-12 months ago I gained weight to 140lbs, I'm not fat, but I do have...

Will I lose weight? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am 30 years old, I weight 192 and I am 5'5. I want to go down to 155 lb by June. I am not sure if that possible. I do work out 6 days a week and sometime even 7 days a week. I do Elliptical for 60 min or 70 min at lunch time and an other 60 min at around 5 in the afternoon. For the...

Will I lose more weight [ 4 Answers ]

If I eat only Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and drink lots of water and do 3 30min of exercise will I lose more weight?

View more questions Search