Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjaus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 06:52 PM
    Sneezing Cat
    I just adopted my cat and she is about 1 1/2 years old & in the last week has started to sneeze, frequently! Can you tell me why?:confused:
    Meggx7 Posts: 10, Reputation: -1

Nov 9, 2006, 07:03 PM
    Believe it or not some cats are allergic to the same things we are have you checked your heating or air ducts or chaged the filters in them? Maybe it's that & if its not I would go to a vet and ask them what the problem is.
    gansada Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2006, 07:59 PM
    Yea, Meggx7, is right, your cat may be allergic to something around them.

Or it could mean that the cat has a hair caught in the air pathway.

Hoped i helped!

Peace!
    tre_cani Posts: 117, Reputation: 22

Nov 9, 2006, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cjaus
    I just adopted my cat and she is about 1 1/2 years old & in the last week has started to sneeze, frequently! Can you tell me why?:confused:
    Because you recently adopted her, I would suspect an Upper Respiratory Infection before I would suspect 'allergies'.

Sneezing is a symptom of URI along with other possible symptoms such as discharge from the nose and/or eyes.

Either way, I would suggest a trip to your veterinarian, if you haven't done so already.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat had 2 kittens they are 1 day old how long before my cat go's outside [ 7 Answers ]

My cat has just has 2 beautiful kittens she has been with them since she had them but she has come downstairs and seems to want to go outside they are just over 1 day old and both seem fine but I don't want my cat to leave them for to long. I'm not sure if she wanted to go to the litter tray as I...

Sneezing Cat... [ 2 Answers ]

My Cat is 8 years old. I took her to the Vet about a week ago because she was weezing when sleeping... after an x-ray they seem to think she might have asma. They gave her corazone and her weezing has stopped. Now she is sneezing all the time. All night long she wakes up and sneezes for a couple of...

Sneezing cat [ 4 Answers ]

My cat is about 11/2 years old & in the last couple of weeks has started to sneeze, frequently! Can you tell me why?:confused: Is she alllergic to somethning & if so how do I narrow it down?? Crazyhatlady

Sneezing pup [ 4 Answers ]

We recently adopted a mixed female pup who (according to the SPCA and our vet) seems to be predominantly lab, is very small for her age (weighed 4lbs at 7 weeks) and so far is behaving like a lab puppy should behave. However, she sneezes a lot. Is this something to be concerned about? Is it...

View more questions Search