Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1geekmom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Temporarily waived child support-is it too late to get it?
    To get my ex-husband to sign the divorce papers I waived child support until he got a job. Stupid, I know, but in the last 15 years I've known him he's never been out of work more than 3 weeks. I also found out he may be receiving more on his unemployment checks for child support. In Illinois child support for 1 child is 20% but since I waived it am I out of luck in legally trying to get any? Also since I'm not positive about his unemployment benefits should I just mind my own business? Thanks for any answers you can give me!
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2009, 02:03 PM

Has the child turned 18 already? If the child still meets the criteria of support, you can still file for it. There will not be back support, but it can be paid going forward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Can Child support be waived by mother not wanting it [ 7 Answers ]

I Live in California and want to have a baby with my best friend but I do not want child support from him or any monetary support. He is afraid that he will be forced to pay child support. Can I legally sign off the rights to any financial support?

View more questions Search