Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magicgb77 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2009, 12:17 AM
    If I just bought a brand new car and there are problems can I ask for another one?
    I just bought brand new Nissan In August. It was perfect.. nothing wrong with it. Now its 3 months later, I just took it back to Nissan for its first oil change. They did a break upgrade as well. After that, well its making all sorts of funny noises. It is not driving as smooth as before and it just sounds like something is wrong with it.

Now this is my very first new car that I have ever bought. I am spending $25,000 on this and I did not expect any problems for years... I mean its brand new! What ever they did messed it up. I am going in tomorrow to see what the deal is with it.. what's wrong. Is it right for me to ask for a switch, for a brand new one. I mean if they fixed what it is the they messed up.. well then it is going to have work done... aka not brand new anymore... I don't want new parts put on. I just feel as though since I am paying all this money for a new car... shouldn't I get one? Does anyone know about this stuff?

Thank for any help!
    Dragonslayer Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Nov 23, 2009, 06:15 AM

Where did you get the idea they would simply give you a new one? I mean, you can ASK and they can either politely say NO or laugh at you out loud and say NO. The vehicle has a manufacturer's warranty. Now if the dealership did something to cause the noises in question, you'll have to take it up with the service department where they will have to fix it. Take the Service manager for a ride and show him or her exactly what your concerns are. Unfortunately for you, this is a vehicle that costs thousands of dollars, not a $2 burger they'd just as soon give you to shut you up and get you out of the doors. There are lemon laws, and they vary from state to state. For the most part however, they have to get the opportunity to repair the vehicle first and there is a number of attempts that are allowed before that kicks in. If you aren't comfortable with your particular dealer, you may have to find another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car accident -driver in front put her car in reverse and smashed me [ 2 Answers ]

I was sitting in my car at a red light. Traffic was heavy-ish. Suddenly- very suddenly and out of nowhere my car and the car in front of me collided with an enormous impact. I was stunned. I was shocked and confused. Prior to impact my car was absolutely stationary! My chest area ( heart) ,...

Bought boat on craigslist - lots of problems [ 9 Answers ]

I went to go look at a boat I was going to purchase from someone. The boat appeared to be in good running condition. The owner ran the boat with the throttle at 50% out of gear because it has to be run for a bit before it will idle. He only ran it for about 2 seconds to show it ran. We looked...

I bought a bike and the person I bought from sold it [ 6 Answers ]

I bought 2 dirt bikes the were listed on carig list in ny so I want and saw the bike and agreed that I will give him the full asking price for both which was $650 total of $1300. I paid in cash I get a resit and a bill of sale for both. I told him I was going to get the bikes in couple of weeks...

Brand new Pentium D with problems :( [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all, I just received a gift of Pentium D 2.66 Ghz. I have problems running it. When I play song and copy a file from CD, song becomes very very jerky and copy process is too slow. Why is this with new computer? I am using Pentium 4 2.8 ghz, it works great Alhamdulillah but why can't the new...

View more questions Search