Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katieokell Posts: 40, Reputation: 5

Nov 22, 2009, 08:54 PM
    Indoor plants in a basement
    I'm looking at buying my brother some plants to liven up his apartment for Christmas. However, he lives in a basement, and gets extremely limited sunlight.
    I've heard that you can get full spectrum bulbs that will allow you to grow plants indoors, but I'm not sure if this is true.
    Also, if I get him a few full spectrum bulbs, should I get him plants that prefer full sunlight, or should I get him plants that prefer shade? (I guess it would depend on his placement of the plant with respect to the location of the light.. )
    I was thinking of getting him some chili peppers, some tomatoes, and perhaps some other veggies so that I can give him colour and some usefulness at the same time.
    Oh, and where can I find full spectrum bulbs that allow for plants to grow under them? (not tube lights... light bulbs.. )

Check out some similar questions!

Indoor Plants [ 7 Answers ]

How do I take good care of houseplants? What should be the watering and fertilizing schedule. Also when and how often they need to be repotted?So far the only plants that seem to survive indoors are Peace lilies-the rest just die after some months. Right now I'm trying to save an Ivy,Dracena...

Watering indoor plants while on extended trip [ 4 Answers ]

We're leaving for the winter and I'm looking for a way to water my indoor plants for up to 3 months. The watering products I'm seeing only work for up to 3 weeks. I was told you can put 6 inches or so of water in the bathtub and set the plants in and they will take the water as they need it. Has...

Indoor Plants [ 11 Answers ]

Are there any indoor plants that don't require much sunlight, or even NO sunlight? I hate silk plants and wanted something that will live indoors without any sunlight. Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Indoor pests [ 1 Answers ]

We recently had a second sump pump installed in the ground level of our home. There has been a excessive amount of crickets. How do we rid of them so we can enjoy the family space on our lower level?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search