Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confusion man Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 05:08 PM
    Why my voice is so deep
    Hi. I just wanted to know why my voice is so deep. I'm 14 years old and have never tried drugs or stuff like that. I don't think it's genes either, since no one in my family has a deep voice. What wrong with me?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 05:52 PM

Probably nothing. No on in my family has an especially high voice, except for me. I'm 20 years old and people still assume I'm a child when I answer the phone. Everyone's voice is unique. Having a high or low voice doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. Unless there's some other things going on with it that you didn't mention.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 06:12 PM

I don't think there's anythign wron with you either. It might just be the way your voice has developed. I have kind of a high voice, but I can talk in about any range, higher or lower that I want to. If you don't like your voice being lower, maybe practice talking up in a higher area, not much more than an octave over what you normally speak. If you keep consciously doing that, then you will probably talk like that as second nature.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 22, 2009, 06:14 PM

Everyone is different. Some people have big eyes, some have small. Some have big noses, some have small. Some have brown hair, others have blonde, red, whatever. Some have high voices, others have deep voices.

It's part of who you are.

I'm a female and also have a very deep voice. None of my other family members do. It's just part of who I am, as it is for you.
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Everyone is different. Some people have big eyes, some have small. some have big noses, some have small. Some have brown hair, others have blonde, red, whatever. Some have high voices, others have deep voices.

It's part of who you are.

I'm a female and also have a very deep voice. None of my other family members do. It's just part of who I am, as it is for you.
    I've always imagined your voice as a softer alto. :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 22, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    I've always imagined your voice as a softer alto. :)
    Alto? Because I'm Alty? ;)

I have a deep voice. I hate it.

Everyone else thinks it's sexy, but I don't.

It's not fun when you answer the phone and the solicitor on the other end calls you sir and you're not a sir. :(

Waaaa!
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Alto? Because I'm Alty? ;)

I have a deep voice. I hate it.

Everyone else thinks it's sexy, but I don't.

It's not fun when you answer the phone and the solicitor on the other end calls you sir and you're not a sir. :(

Waaaa!
    No just kind of soft and deeper, WARM. It's not a bad thing. :)
    P.S. I'm talking about your voice. ;)
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 07:09 PM
    Confusion man, I know that when I was 14, I would have loved to have had a deep voice. Most guys that are GROWN would like to have one too.

Last night, my wife and I had a teenager wait on us in the electronics department at a major dept store, while we were shopping for our sons. I was shocked at by how HIGH his voice was. It sounded like Mickey Mouse. Now I'm not making fun of him, I'm just giving you the possible alternative. Be glad that you are healthy, and just play the hand that you were dealt.

I'm sure you will be quite fine.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2009, 10:27 PM
    Hi, Confusion man!

So, you're going through the physical changes of becoming a man? That's great! If you wind up being a true bass, then you would be a true blessing and God-send to many a choir! You might even wind up making money being able to sing true bass tones in the bass range.

Most of the men who sing the bass part in choirs are really baritones...

After over 37 years of directing adults in various choirs, I think that I've had only about six men singing who I would consider to be true basses.

A true bass voice is a rarity...

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Confusion man!

So, you're going through the physical changes of becoming a man?! That's great! If you wind up being a true bass, then you would be a true blessing and God-send to many a choir! You might even wind up making money being able to sing true bass tones in the bass range.

Most of the men who sing the bass part in choirs are really baritones...

After over 37 years of directing adults in various choirs, I think that I've had only about six men singing who I would consider to be true basses.

A true bass voice is a rarity...

Thanks!
    You have a soprano right here too. :) I love choir!
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2009, 11:17 PM
    You have a soprano right here too. :) I love choir!
    That's cool! :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 11:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clough View Post
    that's cool! :)
    :)
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2009, 11:56 PM
    Perhaps then, we might have some additional things in common here, ohsohappy!

I rarely find people on this site who might be into the same type of things that I am.

Thanks!
    Confusion man Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 05:00 PM

Thanks for the positive guys:)
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Perhaps then, we might have some additional things in common here, ohsohappy!

I rarely find people on this site who might be into the same type of things that I am.

Thanks!
    Quick hijack. Music is my favorite. I can [lay the violin. I played in an orchestra from 5th to 8th grade and then 10th to 12th. And I've loved to sing my whole life. :)

Confusion Man. I'm glad we could help. :)
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 06:38 PM
    quick hijack. Music is my favorite. I can [lay the violin. I played in an orchestra from 5th to 8th grade and then 10th to 12th. And I've loved to sing my whole life. :)

Confusion Man. I'm glad we could help. :)
    This makes me wonder what happened in the NINTH grade. Did you get interested in boys then?
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    This makes me wonder what happened in the NINTH grade. Did you get interested in boys then?
    No, I moved to a new state and the school I went to for that year didn't have an orchestra program.
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2009, 11:56 PM
    I also have played in a number of different orchestras. One of the instruments that I play is the string bass.

Thanks!
    BradenHolmes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2011, 12:12 PM
    There isn't anything wrong with you. I am also 14 and when I play my xbox I always get criticized (I hope I spelled that right) about having a voice modifier or that I fake my voice and other stuff. My friends all think I fake my voice to be cool and I was wondering the same thing for a while. Just think of it like this, Deep voice= more ladies and longer, better, relationships. If anything don't worry about your voice, be proud.
    jokepie kills Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2011, 06:43 AM
    Puberty man puberty

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who is this soul singer with a deep voice [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I need help finding the singer of this soul song, he has a deep voice the song goes In this world of lonely people, nothing I can say To show you how I feel inside, what's making me this way My life before me's spinning, standing on the edge I'll do anything for you, my heart above my head...

Deep Deep Depths [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the approximate depth of the deepest point in the ocean? Any ocean, the deepest one obviously hahaha Thanks

ACK! My voice! [ 2 Answers ]

Gah! My voice is gone! (I think it's because maybe I yelled too much, but who knows?) It is raspy when I try to talk! Are there any ways to cure this? Home remedies? I DO NOT want to go to the doctors!! :eek:

Voice over [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know I good place to study VoiceOver in NYC?

View more questions Search