Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brid09xx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 01:59 PM
    Hi my partner and have a 6month old and were having problems I don't no what to do
    My partner suffers from depression and has even considered suicide I love him and have been with him for 5 years were engaged to be married in Feb 2010 and have a beautiful boy together.. I can't seem to help him anymore he's constantly thinking about himself I can't get him out of this darkness that he has gotten himself into and I just don't know if its worth all the heart ache anymore.. I feel like he is not thinking of me or his son but I'm also afraid of my life and my sons life if we leave.. when I try to talk to him he makes out that its all about him but its affecting all of us and then it turns into an argument.. I don't feel like I can cope anymore but I will do anything for my son he is the most important person in all of this.. I tried to get him to talk to a professional but to no success, I have no life I'm constantly looking after him.. I don't want to seem selfish and take the easy way out but I just can't seem to see an end to all this please can somebody give me some advice on what I should do.. Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 22, 2009, 02:05 PM

YOU must see a counselor without your fiancé.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 22, 2009, 03:44 PM

While children are a life changing event, I hardly think things are so drastically different after the 5 years you have spent together. I also know that 6 months is hardly enough time to make adjustment for either of you.

I urge you to see your doctor, and see if he recommends something to see you through this or maybe some additional help.

Even people without personal issues get overwhelmed after child birth, and need a bit of outside help.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 04:14 PM
    I think your hubby really needs to seek some professional help for his depression.

You can push and pull at him all you like but the one thing chronically depressed people can't do is pull themselves together. The good news is that he can recover from this state, and you could gain a happy healthly husband, but not without outside help. A visit to the doctor, which he will probably be reluctant to make, could get him the antidepressants that could calm his depression and lift his sense of hopelessness.

Good luck! I'll be praying for your family!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6month infants growth and nutrition [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, my son is 6months now he is on breast milk and 1-2tsp of caracal in a day and some days not even caracal. He won’t take bottle nor drink water or juice even to make it interested I put honey on nipple but still he is not ready. I tried all the ways 2 make baby food tasty with honey, milk...

Is my nearly 6month old FAT? [ 9 Answers ]

My son is 6 months old on the 17th of this month he's in 6-9 months babygrows and very nearly grown out of them he weighs about 20lbs,he's 27 inches long He's been eating since about 6 or 7 weeks he was a very hungry baby he was having about 12 feeds a day I couldn't cope with the lack of...

My 6month old has a lump on her thigh [ 1 Answers ]

I was getting my daughter ready for bed tonight, and noticed she has a small lump on her left thigh. I plan to call and make a Dr. appt. tomorrow. In the meantime does anyone know how serious this is/isn't? I am a first time mom and FREAKING out!

View more questions Search