Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brokenalone Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 01:14 PM
    What's wrong with me?
    I love my girlfriend. That's how I'm going to start this because it's the absolute truth. I honest to god love her with all of my heart and believe she is the one. Yea I know, if that's true then why are you here? Or, your just naïve. No, I actually plan on proposing. There's only one problem, I continually talk to random girls online about things that I shouldn't. I'm practically cheating on her constantly. It's never physical but I believe it still constitutes as cheating. And so did she... She recently discovered that I was doing this and now we're in a bad situation. We are a serious couple who lives together. I just want to know why I'm doing this. I've never done this before in any other relationship and I've never loved anyone like her. I tried blaming it on my life, maybe it's the fact that I've always been pretty unattractive throughout school and never had a girl even look at me and now that I've matured I've become a bit more appealing and girls actually talk to me. It's a confidence boost. And that's how I feel. But I can't tell her that because it just sounds like a major cop-out. I'm lost and completely out of ideas as to what I can do. Someone please help. This site has never let me down.
    Jayjay027 Posts: 153, Reputation: 31

Nov 22, 2009, 01:20 PM

Isn't the love of the girl of your dreams a confidence boost enough?

If you love her like you say you do, you wouldn't need the approval of random girls that you don't know.
    You want to keep your girlfriend? Grow up and stop all this online flirting!

Nov 22, 2009, 01:47 PM

I know I know. Its like an addiction or something. I've deleted my accounts and have already decided not to do it again, but its going to be so hard to gain her trust back. I just want to know what's going on in my head... how could I be so f!@#ing stupid?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2009, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenalone View Post
    I know I know. Its like an addiction or something. I've deleted my accounts and have already decided not to do it again, but its gonna be so hard to gain her trust back. I just want to know whats going on in my head... how could I be so f!@#ing stupid?
    You are right - it is an addiction. The internet as a whole is becoming addictive to enough people that they have actual treatment centers out there.
    If it's too hard for you to quit you might consider some counseling to enable you to break away. Counseling might convince your girl that you are really serious about stopping. Lots of luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 22, 2009, 03:54 PM

Is this the same girl in your other posts of a year ago??

Nov 22, 2009, 05:23 PM

Haha tala, absolutely not. Haven't talked to her in 6months, that NC thing worked :) and thank you guys for help. Anything else will be appreciated.
    coruzzi2 Posts: 86, Reputation: 7

Nov 26, 2009, 02:58 AM

Sounds like you need reasurrance, your ego needs that constant boost..

Happens to the best of us..
    Since it was just online she should get past it.
    Only time with prove it.

But I understand her side of this as well.
    It hurts real bad.. but if she doesn't get over it then it looks like you both have some insecurity issues to get through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ill. What's Wrong With Me? [ 36 Answers ]

Hey I'm Sophie And I Haven't Been Feeling Very Well For The Pass 2 Weeks, My Syptoms: Sickness Sadness Feeling Useless Tired And Sometimes Wanting To Hurt Myself Or Commit Suicide Does Anyone Know What's Wrong With Me?

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

What's wrong with me [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for the past 2 yrs and nothing. (we already have a son but would like to expand our family.)my periods have been clock work up until last month. ( they always come on the 21) last month it came on the 16 and this month even earlier it came on the 11....

What's wrong with me [ 27 Answers ]

I have lower stomach gurgling, I feel sick, tired and have to use the bathroon a lot. I had a miscarrage a few months back could this be sideffects or something different? Me and my fiansee have been trying for a baby could I be preganat or just sick?

What's wrong [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I am 17 and I have never had sex but there are times were I don't have a peirod for like 2 to 3 months... can anyone tell me why this is... :confused:

View more questions Search