Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chikiemonki Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2009, 03:23 PM
    Sore Sore Sore throat
    Hello again,

Oh the ailments of winter.
    I've had the worst sore throat for about a week now and I was hoping someone could help me find some sort of remedy.

Any suggestions are greatlyAppreciated :)

rockie100 Posts: 313, Reputation: 64

Nov 21, 2009, 03:30 PM

Gargling with salt water works. Stir a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water till it dissolves. Gargle and Repeat.
    See a doc. If pain continues.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2009, 09:05 PM

If you have had a horribly sore throat for a week and it is not getting better you definitely need to see the doctor and have a strep throat test done. You could have scarlet fever or rheumatic fever. This is the old fashioned names for the strep throat. If you have strep you are inviting the bacteria to possibly invade your heart muscle. It's a quick 5 minute swab test of your throat to find out if you have this or not and some antibiotics to clear it up. Don't delay if gargling isn't working.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    You could have scarlet fever or rheumatic fever. This is the old fashioned names for the strep throat.
    They are not old fashioned names for strep throat, but rather some SEVERE complications caused by untreated strep throat.

Yes, please go see a doctor for a sore throat that has lasted over a week.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch It leaks puss like yellow fluid all day. When he touches it, it hurts for minutes after He is in the sun a lot so he thinks it might be cancer. Would cancer have these symptoms also What do you...

Sore throat [ 14 Answers ]

Im 17 18 in a few weeks however my throat is really starting to cause me problems for the past 5 weeks I've had a sore throat and nothing seems to get rid of it on the 2nd week I went to my doctors who told me my throat is red raw but there's no sign of any swallon glands or lymh nodes or infection...

Sore/dry throat [ 3 Answers ]

Been having a problem of a dry and sometimes slightly sore throat.Have had this problem for about four months now.Now its not the whole throat that is dry,its either the left or right side,sometimes it's a little spot not always sore but very irritating and makes me always want to clear the throat...

My sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

:(I've been having a sore throat for more than a month does that mean maybe I have to remove my tunsils?

Sore throat [ 4 Answers ]

I have had a sore throat for 4 days and there are two white spots in the back of my throat. It hurts to swallow. My glands are not swollen and I do not have a fever, cold or flu. Should I see a doctor or is this just viral? Thanks!

View more questions Search