Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SandyCan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Being an immigrant in the US from Canada is it possible to apply for a F1 visa?
    I am from Canada, currently living in the US and I've been here with my passport for two and a half months. I need some information and help regarding applying for school here so I can study legally. Is it possible for me to get an F1 visa while living here in the US?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 26, 2009, 03:13 PM

If you entered US on a visa waiver program from Canada, you must return to Canada and apply for F-1 visa.
    AndyImm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 10:05 PM
    Canada is a part of NAFTA agreement which can make it easier for you to get the papers in the US. For example some workers from Canada can get their permit at the US border.. just check it with US border officers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is the I-94 # and non immigrant visa # [ 2 Answers ]

When filling out the I-485 AOS it asks for the I-94# and the Nonimmigrant Visa Number but I am not sure where these numbers are located and which one to pick, thanks

Landed Immigrant in Canada, German Citizen- Want Dual Citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to find out how to receive Dual Citizenship for Canada and Germany

How Can I Marry an immigrant who has a visa [ 2 Answers ]

I want to Marry a lady who ls in Haiti. She is coming to America on a Visa. How can we legally marry?

Immigrant visa to USA [ 1 Answers ]

I am a british citizen with a clean criminal record who is interested in moving to the US. I have a Masters degree in a humanities subject but have only been working for a couple of years. If I applied for an immigrant visa number how long (roughly) would it take for it to come up? I am also...

US Immigrant-Canada Travel [ 2 Answers ]

What type of ID's are needed for US Green card holders travelling to Canada by car? Is passport required or would green card be sufficient?

View more questions Search