Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coquetterose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Nov 21, 2009, 12:37 PM
    Business law
    On Friday 27 November Buyer sends a telex to seller offering to buy 1000 tones of sugar at the current market price. The telex is received in seller's offices after a short delay at 5 pm. Since the telex operator, has gone home for the weekend, seller posts a letter in the last post on Friday, accepting the offer. This reaches buyer at 2.30 pm on Monday 30 November. Meanwhile, at 9.30 am on 30 November, buyer sends a further telex to seller withdrawing his offer. This reaches seller and is read by him immediately at 9.45 am on 30 November. Seller now seeks your advice.
    Advise the seller.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Homework question. We don't do your homework for you. Tell us what you think the answer is and why. We'll tell you if we think you're right and why.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 23, 2009, 07:37 PM

I assumed this was a contract law question, since it is, but your last two posts ( that I have deleted) were so childish, I did not know this was studied in Jr High.

But what does it take for a contract to be valid, what is the rules on rules on offer and acceptance ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2009, 05:13 PM

Other post doesn't even make sense - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/fashio...me-419075.html.

I smell a troll.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2009, 06:24 PM

Uh, "telex" and "telex operators" are a thing of the past - the DISTANT past. Try the early 1970's (or before) past. All I have to say to your question is HA HA HA HA. We didn't fall for it. Now go answer you own homework question for a change.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2009, 08:37 PM

OK, this is easy, closed and banned,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Doughter in law from hell [ 4 Answers ]

How do I deal with a daughter in law from Brazil that my son married after only knowing her for 6 months. They have been married 2 years now She treats me terrible, threatens constently to take my son and move to Brazil so I never see him again. We are a very close family (or were) till she...

Company Law [ 1 Answers ]

Discuss the proposition that the rule in Salomon v Salomon & Co Ltd AC 223, although legally and doctrinally correct, does not always reflect the reality of the division of powers and influence between the board of directors and the general meeting. Specifically, consider how, in the case of...

Real estate law [ 2 Answers ]

I need sample letters of foreclosure summons reply for Florida.

What can I do by law? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I own a remodeling business in Jacksonville Fl. We had a client breach a contract. Upon his breachment, we turn over the contract to our corporate attorneys. Upon their review, it would cost more to fight than just to let it go, so we let it go. Within two days, on a Sunday, October...

View more questions Search