Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    march292 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 09:45 AM
    How do you get rid of a save mode warning?
    I am trying to do a full recovery on my computer (HP). However, I continue to get the "PC entering save mode" message. Because it continues to go into save mode, I am unable to do a full recovery of my computer. Please advise.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2009, 10:16 AM

Whatever is wrong with your data that is causing the computer to go into safe mode you can be sure that only a total disk wipe out and a full reinstallation of the O/S will cure. Try to save whatever you feel is necessary off your computer as you won't get rid of that safe mode screen in a huge hurry if you haven't already gotten rid of it.

Lately there has been a lot of computer viruses going around. I had one but it somehow snuck past my Norton virus and attacked my computer slowly eating it's way through files. My only cure was to totally reformat and start from scratch. What a pain! Fortunately I learned a long time ago that if I wanted any file or photo I would save it to my external hard drive so it would not be lost. Would recommend you invest in an external hard drive. You can get a good one of 100G for under $100 nowadays. Well worth the headache of trying to reconstruct irreplaceable files later on and you can't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have back acne. Does anyone know how to get rid of it. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Everyone! I have one tiny problem. I have like bumps on my back it's also known as "Bacne." I really want to get rid of it. Does anyone know how? Thank you!(:

How do I get rid of squatters? [ 3 Answers ]

My mother has a home in Florida, I am the guardian. Some of the family members have moved into her home against her wishes. How do I get them out?

My monitor is black with message, "in save power mode." [ 1 Answers ]

My monitor comes on but then screen goes black. When I press the button on the front there is a message "running in power save mode, press any key or move mouse If I press a key or move the mouse, nothing happens. The screen stays black. What does this mean and can I do anything to fix it? ...

Power save mode [ 1 Answers ]

The Momement system boot's up is going to power save mode and getting shut off.

View more questions Search