Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1barlow1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 09:31 AM
    Soap Door out of sync
    I have a Kenmore model 665 and at the end of the cycle we find the soap door open but the soap packet is still in tact undissolved.?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2009, 09:33 AM

The soap door is sticking. You'll need to take the thing apart and clean it out. Sand rough spots, if possible. Parts that are protected from soapy water can be lubricated.

If that doesn't solve it, there may be a solenoid that allows the door to open that is either faulty, doesn't have power, or is sticking.
    stuartn Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2009, 01:24 PM

Are the dishes clean? Make sure there is enough water. With it in wash open the door quickly to see if both wash arms are turning. If the soap door is opening during the cycle then it is a washing problem that needs to be addressed.

Nov 22, 2009, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Perito View Post
    The soap door is sticking. You'll need to take the thing apart and clean it out. Sand rough spots, if possible. Parts that are protected from soapy water can be lubricated.

If that doesn't solve it, there may be a solenoid that allows the door to open that is either faulty, doesn't have power, or is sticking.
    How difficult is it to r & r the solenoid?

Nov 22, 2009, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartn View Post
    Are the dishes clean? Make sure there is enough water. With it in wash open the door quickly to see if both wash arms are turning. If the soap door is opening during the cycle then it is a washing problem that needs to be addressed.
    Yes the dishes are clean. After resetting the control panel the next load worked fine. I suspect a failing solenoid that works sometimes and fails others. The soap door and latch work smoothly.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 08:38 AM

If it's a faulty solenoid, you should be able to see it on a wiring diagram. As for replacing it, it depends on the make and model. I'd probably disassemble the door (it is in the door, isn't it), and take a look at how it's installed. If I still felt that the solenoid were responsible, I'd order a new one.

It may be a corroded wire or connection to the solenoid. A corroded connection would present a high resistance to the voltage. That could mean that there may not be enough current to drive the solenoid -- at least not reliably. In that case, simply cleaning the wires and remaking the connection would solve the problem. Alternately, it may be that simply cleaning the moving parts of the solenoid would fix the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen soap dispenser stopped pumping soap [ 15 Answers ]

I have a Moen soap dispenser in my kitchen sink (with the soap reservoir that screws in from underneath and the dispenser/tubing contraption slides in from the top). I slid the dispenser/tubing contraption out to clean it. I disconnected the dispenser part (the knob with the spout) from the...

Has anyone ever tried grisi mother of pearl soap or their papaya soap? [ 2 Answers ]

I've purchased a bar of grisi mother of pearl soap(concha de nacar) and it is supposed to aid in fading small brown spots. If anyone has had experience withthese two products,can you give me insight as to how well it actually works?

Can I use Diana Stalder Glutathione soap and the black soap together? [ 12 Answers ]

OK I'm trying to put a new regiment together for even but slightly lighter skin tone. This is what I have. Diana Stalder Glutathione soap Diana Stalder black soap Diana Stalder Kojic acid cream Glycolic cream 15% Moisturizer with SPF30

Dishwasher Soap Dispenser Door Spring [ 1 Answers ]

How do I install the spring on a Kenmore dishwasher soap dispenser door?

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

View more questions Search