Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Who is and are they lying?
    As I understand it, it is un-Christian to lie. In fact it is not nice to do so in any society that I am aware of.
    Have you ever wondered about the car insurance companies advertisements?
    I have...
    Each on is listing group of its competitors tell us that we can save hundreds of dollars by switching to them.
    We did made the switch and now find out that we lost several benefits doing so and saved far less that $100.00
    Have you had that experience?
    Are they lying?
    Which ones are lying or are they all?
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 02:55 PM

In order to compare prices - and I can address insurance! - you have to ask companies for the Same policy and then see what the rates are.

I don't know that it's lying but they dance around.

I haven't seen any insurance company stating that specifically it can save money on the SAME coverage. They simply say you can save money by switching to them.

You switched; you saved money. They don't guarantee that the benefits and coverage are the same.

It's called advertising.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Fred,
    I believe that they hide things, unless you ask the right questions.:(
    Sadly business people 'work around' the honesty part, and they are desperate now.

I'll save you $50.00 a month on insurance, but I won't tell you that it doesn't cover you if your in an accident on the way to work.:rolleyes:
    You just need to change insurance and write down all the questions you need to ask, to make sure you are getting what you want.

It's very sad that we can believe the best in people and find out they lie or don't really care about us.

Good luck to you:)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 20, 2009, 03:01 PM

If you listen to the ads they don't say that you will save money - only that you could save money. There's a big difference. If I say it could rain next Thursday I'm not a liar, regardless of whether it actually rains or not. I'm sure the insurance companies have examples galore of people who actually did save, proving that it's possible, and hence that you too could save $100 or more. So always remember: caveat emptor!
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Perhaps it is not lying but rather purposely misleading which to me is still deception.
    It would be nice is advertisers would all be honest, but greed gets in the way.
    <><><>
    By the way I will be gone, off line, for several day because I'm shutting this old computer and will be installing a new one.
    In my case I'll need to get my server to come and hook up the new one to his service.
    So good bye for now.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 08:18 PM

You as a consumer have a responsbility to investigate and make intelligent decisions. If people weren't looking to pay less and get more these companies would change their advertising.

I could advertise that I can feed your family for Two Dollars a day. What I don't tell you is that you will all eat oatmeal all the time.

Is that false advertising? Do you have some responsibility to investigate? Am I lying?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 09:05 PM
    No, the duck and the lizard aren't lying, but maybe that's why they steered away from the donkey and the bull for "spokesanimals".

They are just thinking like foxes, and laughing like hyenas.

Meanwhile, we feel like monkeys.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 20, 2009, 09:24 PM

The issue is all are telling the truth, in the fine print for course.

For one company a 45 year old driver with no accidents or tickets may have the best rate.

In another a 40 year old married couple may have the best rates, no one company has the best rates in every age or location.

In GA for example, one may be cheaper in Cobb County but almost twice as high in Fulton County because of various ratngs factor.

Throw in one or two tickets and they all change form better to worst.

I check rates at least once a year. So far no one has come close to my company ( none of the listed ones)

After that, it is coverage issues, one may have better rates at 300,000 liability, and another may have the best at 100,000

So you have to shop benefits also
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 11:51 PM
    That makes sense.
    Thank Fr_Chuck
    Fred
    bulksalty Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Feb 11, 2010, 02:00 PM

Generally in car insurance, the competitve model is to cut rates for a new customer while slowly raising rates for existing clients. This results in greater profits from clients who don't pay attention to their bills very closely, while allowing the insurance company to compete for very price sensitive customers.

Most of business strategy (especially at the retail level) involves methods of identifying people who are very sensitive to prices, and finding a way to charge them low prices, while charging higher prices to those who are less sensitive. Since everyone needs to have car insurance, raising prices on existing customers is a good method.

I believe it's becoming a more important competitive point to tie home and auto insurance together now, though.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2010, 07:42 PM

And prey tell what this has to do with Christianity?

Answer, NOTHING!
    Moderators need to move this thread to the appropriate place.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 07:55 PM

Lying, was the issue,

But the other is why someone decided to answer a thread that was about 4 months old.

Closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is she lying? [ 34 Answers ]

So I was in a 7 month relationship with a great girl, we were madly in love, I annoyed her, she dumped me, blah blah blah... I will do my best to make this as simple as I can lol... so here's the situation: After our breakup, my ex had 2 longtime friends and their daughter move in with her in...

Lying on Federal complaint answer, lying to EEOC [ 1 Answers ]

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Indiana/federal I am suing a govt. agency. They lied profusely in EEOC investigation. I couldn't prove it then. Got copy of investigation record and then KNEW I could prove a few lies, trust me on that. I filed the complaint in fed. Court...

Lying Why Do We Do It? [ 15 Answers ]

Why do I lie to my loved ones? What is the best way to control lying? I don't want to hurt my lovely wife anymore.:(

Would she be lying to me? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all! Question for you guys, here's the situation, I'll try to keep it short: My girlfriend maybe a couple months ago made me think that she wasn't honest with me, I didn't want to pick on her with my own insecurities, so I left it alone, never even mentioned it to her. It was because I asked...

Lying [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very bad problam with lying to my husband about every thing even the little stuff like what I had to eat for lunch and stuff like that, this problam is leading my marriage into the ground I need help CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE

View more questions Search