Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gina86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Going crazy pregnant or not?
    Hi... ok this is my problem I been on the depo shot for about 3 years I stopped taking it September of last year. Now my PD first came on jan. Of this year 2009. I would have my pd jan,feb,mar,(not April)may,jun,juily,( not aug)sep,oct, you get the pattern? Well I know that being on the depo shot for so long can mess up my chances of becoming pregnant. I just want to know if I am because I'm really going crazy over here in oct. I was bleeding it came down on the 15th but it lasted for 4 days on and off when I would get it would last the hole 5 days and I would get my pd on the 15 or 17 of the months I said but this month I started spotting on nov,3 - 9th but on and off and light not like my pd at all and some of it was brown to. And now it's the 20th and I haven't got it yet I took a pregnancy test on the 16th and it was - could this be the depo messing with me once again or could I be pregnant and have to take another test now since it's been a week I miss my pd? I just don't know what to do anymore if anyone can help me please do thank you for your time.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 12:21 PM

Since you're cycle is somewhat irregular, it's hard to say. Usually you wait until your missed period to take the first test and then wait another week. But with the way your cycle has been, that's a little difficult. Have you spoken to your dr about this?
    Gina86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    since you're cycle is somewhat irregular, it's hard to say. usually you wait until your missed period to take the first test and then wait another week. but with the way your cycle has been, that's a little difficult. have you spoken to your dr about this?

No I haven't seen my doctor :(
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Nov 21, 2009, 10:24 AM

Wait did you say in your post that you took a test and it was positive? You said you took a test and it "was" did you mean was positive? If you took a test and it was positive, take another one. If that one is positive as well then most likely you are pregnant. It can be possible to get a false positive from one test but two is less likely. Either that or go get a blood test, that's usually the best and most accurate way.
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2009, 11:22 AM

You really need to see your dr.

Are you actually trying to become pregnant? I'm thinking you are since you mentioned being on depo before. If that's the case, it's even more important for you to get in and talk to your dr about everything.
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Kanicky, there's a "-" after that "was". If you're referring to the line I think you are. I had to read it a few times myself, at first I though it was a dash. But I think it's negative.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Nov 21, 2009, 11:24 AM

Ahh thanks justcurious, now I see it. Didn't catch that before. Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Please remember that the depo shot can cause secondary infertility for 18 months or more after stopping. Depo Provera should be considered a long-term form of birth control.

I see a pattern here... you had a period (not a pd) in
    jan,feb,mar,(not April)
    Then

may,jun,juily,( not aug)
    Then again...

sep,oct
    The third month here, November is missing.

It may be that your period is just becoming to get regular since you have been off depo for 14 months now.

I urge you to seek your doctor's opinion on this one. You will need either, or both, a quantitative or qualitative HCG blood test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant or crazy [ 1 Answers ]

My period last period was may 21 2008 for about 2 weeks I was nausae and dizzy and tired. On the 14 of June I got my period ,but it was brown and I was spotting .On the 15th I had what felt like a period I was bleeding but it was not as heavy as normal.Along with the 16th .On the 17 there was...

Am I pregnant or just going crazy [ 2 Answers ]

I had a regular period on feb 8th , missed all of march and spotted extremely light on 4/5 and stopped mid day 4/6 ( note I only spotted when I went to the bathroom) I went to planned parent hood today and got a pregnancy test done and it was negative . The girl wanted me to stay to speak with a...

Pregnant or crazy [ 5 Answers ]

I just had a baby 4 months ago and maybe like 2 weeks ago me and my boyfriend had sex but the condom broke... lately I have been feeling mostly just nausea.The other day me and my boyfriend were arguing and I was crying and I ran to the bathroom and threw up.. I don't know if I threw up because of...

Am I crazy. Or pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering about how I should classify this. I don't regularly keep up with my period (sometime I'm vowing to do now since I'm painfully unsure about being pregnant right now.. every time I doubt it something happens that changes my mind.. just got to get tested, but anyway). Half the time I...

Am I pregnant? I am going crazy! [ 4 Answers ]

I am going crazy! It has now been 2 weeks since I missed my period. I am always regular, ALWAYS! My breasts are siverely sore. I have a 2 year old son. When I was pregnant I had the same symptom. I did not find out I was PG with him until I was two months pregnant. I get bloated and get period...

View more questions Search