Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 08:31 AM

Except I was very clear about which part of the psalm I quoted. Excon can spare me his mock outrage . I saw the same CSM article before I posted it. It is nonsense .
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Nov 20, 2009, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Righty's:

I don't ordinarily post religious garbage,

excon
    Very Disrespectful.:mad:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 08:34 AM
    But whenever someone posts an objectionable verse in the Christianity forums invariably the response is "but you have to look at the context". So now that's not true any more?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    So... you equate the sentence "May his days be few, may another take his place of leadership" as a call for assasination
    Hello again, Elliot:

Did your right wing blinders prevent you from reading the entire psalm?? Dude! This post IS about the ENTIRE psalm, or did THAT fact escape you?

I suppose it did. But, let me see if I can help. The passage right after the one you proclaim is soooo innocent, and that Speech calls just a bit of harmless fun, is THIS passage:

9 May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.

Yes, I suggest it calls for his assassination. On what planet wouldn't it?

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 08:36 AM

Can't recall the last time I was on the religious forums here. Don't use me as an example of a good Christian or even a typical one. I'm not that worthy.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    But the verse immediately following the psalm referenced is a bit more ominous: “Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.”

God, do I have to teach you everything about bible verses????
    Suddenly you guys are worried about context? The only ones using anything besides verse 8 are you fear-mongers.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Suddenly you guys are worried about context? The only ones using anything besides verse 8 are you fear-mongers.
    See https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/2094390-post23.html
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 09:04 AM
    But whenever someone posts an objectionable verse in the Christianity forums invariably the response is "but you have to look at the context". So now that's not true any more?
    We're not dealing with bible study we're dealing with bumper stickers. Let's play it your way anyway...

That means shoot Cheney and Bush first, ask questions later. And how about that Bill Maher, who openly sympathized with bloggers wishing an attack on Cheney hadn't failed and basically wishing he were dead himself, with Barney Frank joining in on the 'joke.'

Maher: What about the people who got onto the Huffington Post — and these weren't even the bloggers, these were just the comments section — who said they, they expressed regret that the attack on Cheney failed. […]

Barney Frank: They said the bomb was wasted. (laughter and applause)

Maher: That's a funny joke. But, seriously, if this isn't China, shouldn't you be able to say that? Why did Arianna Huffington, my girlfriend, I love her, but why did she take that off right away? […] I have zero doubt that if Cheney was not in power, people wouldn't be dying needlessly tomorrow. (applause) […] I'm just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That's a fact.
    And in case no one browsed my last link, here are some (printable) highlights of protesters in the U.S.

Burning Bush in effigy:

Lynching Bush:

This one speaks for itself.

Removed due to content and replaced with this link (profanity).

Again, pardon me while I don't share the outrage.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 09:09 AM
    That last picture looks like you. Is it?

Any outrage of yours is held exclusively and consistently for all things liberal so excuse me if I believe your opinion to not be representative.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 09:26 AM
    That last picture looks like you. Is it?
    I don't have tattoos.

Any outrage of yours is held exclusively and consistently for all things liberal so excuse me if I believe your opinion to not be representative.
    Again you haven't been paying attention - or you're just being selective. The pictures I just posted should draw bipartisan contempt. This bumper sticker is not even remotely close to the offensiveness and viciousness of those images.

Tell the world differently...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 09:33 AM
    Again, pardon me while I don't share the outrage.
    Hello again, Steve,

In my view, the difference between those and these, is that Obama is black. You'll say, it's because Obama is left.

I'd believe you too, if there were groups like the KKK that lynched white people in our past, like we did to black people, or if we had enslaved white people like we did to black people... Then, I too would chalk this up political bickering...

But, Obama and Bush aren't the same, are they?

And, even if I'm wrong, and it's just my political sensibilities that are offended, YOU KNOW that there are groups out there who have a "deep seated hatred" for black people, and are looking for ANY excuse to act on it.

If you DON'T know these people exist, we don't have a lot to talk about, do we?

The Secret Service reports that death threats have gone up 400% since Obama moved into the White House... I refuse to believe it's because of his politics.

excon
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 09:47 AM
    In my view, the difference between those and these, is that Obama is black. You'll say, it's because Obama is left.
    Come on, that's BS. When did you take to seeing bogeymen in every corner, when a black man was elected? You want me to believe the bumper sticker I showed is far worse than someone holding a sign saying "Death to extremist Christian terrorist pig-Bush?" You've sunken to new lows, ex. Come back to reality, we could you use you here.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 09:49 AM

Racism is the argument of last resort.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Racism is the argument of last resort.
    That and using the Nazi/Hitler terms.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Nov 20, 2009, 09:59 AM
    Hello again, Steve,

I'd believe you too, if there were groups like the KKK that lynched white people in our past, like we did to black people, or if we had enslaved white people like we did to black people... Then, I too would chalk this up political bickering...
    So the "Muslim Brotherhood" of Louis Farakhan and the Black Panthers and other "black supremacist theology" groups (Reverend Wright's church comes to mind) don't count?

But, Obama and Bush aren't the same, are they?
    Only in your mind.

And, even if I'm wrong,
    You should have stopped right there.

and it's just my political sensibilities that are offended, YOU KNOW that there are groups out there who have a "deep seated hatred" for black people, and are looking for ANY excuse to act on it.
    Yep. And there are groups out there with "deep seated hatred" for white people too, and they are also looking for any excuse to act on it. Or do you deny that such groups exist?

If you DON'T know these people exist, we don't have a lot to talk about, do we?

The Secret Service reports that death threats have gone up 400% since Obama moved into the White House...
    Maybe Obama's policies of nationalizing industry, nationalizing financial companies, nationalizing health care, and spending us into oblivion are 400% more inflamatory than his predecessors' policies. Maybe his 500% increase of the national budget deficit has given rise to a 400% increase in hatred toward the President. Perhaps his blatant disregard for what 70% of the people want (or rather DON'T want) with regard to healthcare reform in the USA is leading to increased hatred of Obama. Maybe his assumptions about the stupidity and lack of intelligence of the American people has insulted 400% more people than any of his predecessors.

BTW, I'd like to see evidence of this "400% increase in death threats" that you claim the Secret Service says the White House is experiencing. Do you have a source for this claim?

I refuse to believe it's because of his politics.

Excon
    Exactly. You refuse to believe it, so it must not be so.

Good argument.

Elliot
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 10:02 AM
    That and using the Nazi/Hitler terms.
    You mean like this?

Keep trying, I got a million more. Like this one:

Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 10:15 AM
    Dude, anyone with a computer and an internet connection can find offensive images about anyone. What's your point?

You say "Keep trying", what did you mean by that? I was just agreed that hyperbole that contains racism and nazism is equaly bad.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 10:36 AM

Show me the racism in the psalm passage ( 109:8)
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 11:22 AM
    Dude, anyone with a computer and an internet connection can find offensive images about anyone. What's your point?
    Dude, you know the point and you can't marginalize it by using your "anyone with a computer and an internet connection" line. You guys are finding conspiracies of racism and assassination out of this bumper sticker and it's pathetic. Especially so in light of the multitude of real, obvious, verifiable threats, irresponsible comments, outright hatred, vicious t-shirts, slogans, bumper stickers and posters directed at Bush, members of his administration, Christians, conservatives and Republicans in general over the previous 8 years. The hypocrisy is absolutely stunning and the outrage over this Psalm 109:8 thing is entirely vacuous.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 11:31 AM
    You guys are finding conspiracies of racism and assassination out of this bumper sticker
    I never said anything about racism, but the assassination angle is real, we've shown that here. You spoke up about the Bush images when they surfaced, we're talking about this now as it surfaces. No one here ever said that they condone the Bush images, if fact we had nothing to do with them, you just dig up the worst you can find and attribute it to us agreeing with it - we don't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Psalm for the Anointed One [ 2 Answers ]

I have been asked to re-post this from the Current Events discussion section to here... so... here it is. Enjoy psalm 2009 - 2012 first book of democrat obama is a shepherd, i shall not want. he leadeth me beside still factories. he restoreth my faith in the republican party. He...

A Psalm For The Anointed One --- enjoy [ 3 Answers ]

psalm 2009 - 2012 first book of democrat obama is a shepherd, i shall not want. he leadeth me beside still factories. he restoreth my faith in the republican party. He guideth me in the path of unemployment. yea, though i walk through the valley of the bread line, i shall not...

View more questions Search