Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annette88 Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Oct 19, 2009, 02:57 AM
    Why is he texting?
    This seems a simple question-am l reading too much into it? L ended my two and a half yr relationship two weeks ago with immediate no contact but every few days he texts me saying l miss u babe! Why is he doing this?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 03:26 AM

Possibly "revenge" to get under your skin.

It is up to you to respond or ignore.

If I may say so, JUST IGNORE.

Oct 19, 2009, 03:33 AM
    L never even thought of that but you may well be right. I suppose l was being overly romantic and thinking that maybe he was being genuine and realising what he had lost!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 04:13 AM

He might be missing you but you ended it and sticking to NC and ignoring him will stop your confusion.

Oct 19, 2009, 04:44 AM
    Yes you both are right. The problem is l still love him but we just aren't compatible so even though l never text first when he says that l end up saying l miss him too! L hate this mess
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 05:14 AM
    Congratulations for having realised that incompatibility is a reason for not staying together.
    Missing someone is normal and you ll get over those feelings with time.
    Don't let him get to you and ignore the texts.
    Ithappenstoall Posts: 363, Reputation: 37

Oct 20, 2009, 01:38 AM

YOu should also understand that he is hurt and that he still has feelings for you... You will know in your gut what feels right to do, either to discuss the situation with him or not to contact him
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 05:25 AM

Ignore it, you are only allowing him to cause you confusion. Just think, if you have this much confusion over one text, what about a conversation?

Oct 20, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Thank you to everyone for replying-all of it is food for thought. I had many text messages off him yesterday claiming he couldn't live without me.. still loves me etc. I did not respond and so today nothing. It hurts like hell though!
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 11:57 PM

With time and by keeping yourself busy you ll get over the hurt.

Oct 21, 2009, 01:12 PM
    Well just an update. Its been two days and l haven't heard a word so l guess he has given up. I know that not hearing from him will help to heal me but l feel horrendously sad. Has anyone got any suggestions how to stop the what ifs and really start remembering the bad times-l try but my heart over-rules my brain and all l have are the happy ever after scenarios! Thanks again to you all for keeping me strong
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 01:17 PM

If you're still confused, it means you're not done healing. Just focus on yourself. Don't over-analyze why he does or doesn't look for you.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 01:29 PM
    Hello Annette,

You are human, it's natural to feel this pain, and it will take time to get over it.

I gree with I wish, you need to focus on yourself. Stop over analyzeing ever little thing. Stop looking at your phone every second and go do something productive, that will take your mind off this. Staying busy with friends, activities, and such will also help you out.

Good luck.
    Jayjay027 Posts: 153, Reputation: 31

Oct 21, 2009, 02:01 PM

Go out!
    Go out with your friends, or anyone, and leave your phone at home. You'll be surprised at how invigorating it is to not be checking your phone every 2 minutes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 22, 2009, 04:19 AM

Read the stickies at the beginning of this forum. A lot of people have been in your situation, and you could benefit from their insights.

Oct 22, 2009, 09:37 AM
    Jayjay027 you are so right-l do it less now but checking your phone is a real pain and just keeps you in that mindset. Dating and breaking up must have been simpler years ago!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 22, 2009, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by annette88 View Post
    but checking your phone is a real pain and just keeps you in that mindset
    Time to change your number to help you with the healing process.

Oct 22, 2009, 09:50 AM

L have thought of that but for some reason the very idea scares me. L know that if l did it would eliminate any chance of hearing from and that would be good for me but lm not ready and yes l know that's dumb!
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2009, 10:09 AM

Changing your number as I wish suggests is a great idea.
    It ll help you move forward a lot quicker. Good luck.

Oct 22, 2009, 10:37 AM

Thinking about it l realise changing my number is what l must do-for ME! His words are cheap-action speaks louder and as he lived here for over a year he knows where to find me. Thank you all x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex saying mean things about me [ 10 Answers ]

Hello all, Could use some pros/cons/advice here: Last night, a few of my fraternity brothers from college came in town to where I live (different place than the college town). I haven't seen them in a couple of years, so we all met up for dinner. At some point, one of them asked me how my...

Things to do for fun [ 9 Answers ]

I have two sons 9 and 12 years old. I want to take them out on the weekend to do something for fun. Besides going to shopping and movies, I have no ideas what to do, where to go for fun. We live in PA, USA. Please help!!

Can anyone tell me things over this? [ 10 Answers ]

Is there anyone who can give me a reading over this? Like maybe get feelings about what is meant for me because I want to know what to do with a situation I have thanks :)

Did he end things with me.in the name of God? [ 4 Answers ]

Started seeing someone a little over two weeks ago. I have been acquainted with this guy for over ten years. We have been out a few times and spoke on the phone every day or every other day (he would call me). We went out on Friday and had a great time. After our date he asked whether I wanted to...

View more questions Search