Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    themonkeysmom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 12:09 AM
    Possible hole leaking rain water 1996 Ford Taurus
    Hello,

I have a 1996 Ford Taurus, and last year rain water and melting snow drained on to my passenger side floor. When I turned on the heater, you could hear water fly off the fan by your feet. Of course, it burned out my blower moter... and the other part.. (sorry I don't know car parts very well) controls speeds I think. I had heard that my car type/year? May have a hole.. something that the manufacturer made that was not necessary, but made that can get larger over time and exposure to water causing it to constantly drain on my blower moter possibly burning out another blower motor.

The nice guy I emailed told me where to find this hole. I think he said it was behind the glove compartment, but had computer problems and lost the info he gave me. Any ideas of the location? I have new parts ordered for this cold weather coming and want the husband to fix er' up so I don't freeze.
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Nov 20, 2009, 02:47 PM

Does your Taurus have a cabin air filter? If so, Ford has issued a TSB about install a rain shield around it to prevent water from getting into the fresh air duct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Ford Taurus, Water Damage.Engine Blowed? [ 7 Answers ]

My friend had a 1999 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 that she said was blown up because her sister drove it through a low water crossing and got water on the motor and it is making a loud knocking/popping sound. I was like you need to have it checked, doesn't seem right. So, a few months later she tells me...

Replaced water pump 2003 Ford Taurus, won't turn now [ 3 Answers ]

I just replaced the water pump on my moms Taurus and now the part the belt goes around won't turn. Can anyone tell me why and or what to do?

1993 Ford Taurus Leaking fluids [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: I have a ford taurus 1993, got it used off my uncle, I have noticed that near the hood to the middle, or possibly the driver side of the car, There is a small leak, the fluid appears to be clear, and odorless. My girlfriend also seems to think, there may possibly be a leak near the trunk...

1996 ford taurus Duratech crankshaft removal [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to help a friend out w/ his 96 Taurus Crankshaft. It is the original crankshaft and was originally a two piece unit. Anyway, Ford has upgraded the pulley totally and no longer has rubber for a dampener. In the pulley All I know is that I removed the crankshaft assembly which included 3...

Shower Pan Leaking - rain water coming in [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 problems here, shower pan leaking, (plumber verified) also rain water coming in through same wall where the shower pan leak is. I just moved in to a one story Villa, a couple of months ago. I noticed that it was starting to smell musty, I moved some furniture and saw that the...

View more questions Search